Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Song/Ukraine solidarity for tomorrow

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
PB must be just a bit embarrassed by the support shown by the FA for Ukraine at Wembley today.
Oh no I forgot PB has never been wrong in his life.
Our lack of response makes us look tin pot.

So, yes - we were told by PB that political gestures were not allowed under PL rules, or words to that
effect. So, WTF has been happening at grounds up and down the country and at Wembley today?
I'm utterly ashamed by the response from the club to be quite frank.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
So, yes - we were told by PB that political gestures were not allowed under PL rules, or words to that
effect. So, WTF has been happening at grounds up and down the country and at Wembley today?

Add the embarrassing and downright pitifully ignorant response to the crushing episode after the Palace game, it feels like the club are not on a good roll at the moment with their judgements.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I wasn't at the game? What was the reaction in the audience? Seems like they towed Paul Barbers line

One chant of Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine a Ukraine 🇺🇦 flag at back of North Stand (not shown on screens of course) and a few of us wore yellow. It’s like very few supporters know what is going on in Europe!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One chant of Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine a Ukraine ���� flag at back of North Stand (not shown on screens of course) and a few of us wore yellow. It’s like very few supporters know what is going on in Europe!

Most football fans are thick as ****. They don't know what is going on during a match being played in front of them, let alone understanding there is a war in Europe.

If we had a Ukrainian footballer, I can guarantee there would've been some kind of coordinated protest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We don’t need Paul Barbers permission for fan led protests (us of all fans should know this) plenty of Chelsea fans with placards , banners etc at Wembley today and i don’t think they asked Roman A or Bruce Buck for permission …

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We don’t need Paul Barbers permission for fan led protests (us of all fans should know this) plenty of Chelsea fans with placards , banners etc at Wembley today and i don’t think they asked Roman A or Bruce Buck for permission …

Fair point, but do you not think a lead would have been good?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

This totally! Bearing in mind how other clubs have responded and now the FA.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21

Agreed: Just as disappointed with the supporters as with the Club but, if the Club had used its website to encourage fans to at least ware yellow, more supporters would have taken part.

The reaction of Brighton fans to players taking the knee has shown that we do care about more than just football and has made me proud to support this Club.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
So email exchange with PB this evening:
Apparently clubs have to have Ukrainian players to show their support for Ukraine.
And what right do I have to question the moral leadership of the Club?
So the Club haven’t even slightly misjudged the situation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apparently clubs have to have Ukrainian players to show their support for Ukraine.

So what exactly did you suggest to him….exact words would be useful…just to see what PB was replying too.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

What Ukranian players do Liverpool or Chelsea have?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Really swift reply from Paul. As I expected he said "political gestures not officially allowed.by football authorities. Up to individual fans then. Yellow shirt and blue trouser anyone?

Except that it didn't bother Everton and it certainly didn't stop Liverpool & Chelsea yesterday whose captains carried yellow & blue wreaths onto the pitch. I'm not hearing of any sanctions being applied against clubs for supporting Ukraine.

Why does Barber see any support of Ukraine as being "a political gesture"? I'm not sure he has read the room (again).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When the villa player scored, didn’t he have Ukrainian slogans written on his undershirt?

It was reported that he did and he got dogs abuse from brighton fans in the corner.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
When the villa player scored, didn’t he have Ukrainian slogans written on his undershirt?

It was reported that he did and he got dogs abuse from brighton fans in the corner.

He had a message of support for A Polish team mate that plays in Ukraine. Ref booked him for taking shirt off too. Rules are rules !! Robot refs can't be using judgement

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cypress Hill

Who you trying to get crazy with Putin?
Don't you know they're loco?

To the one in cold dark Moscow
I'll just toss you aside like Lukashenko
Like Spam, get done when I come and slam
Damn, I feel like the Son of Sam
Don't make them wreck shit, hectic
The next chair you're gonna get is Electric
"Aaant", you may have got Chernobyl
But you're thick cos it don't even work still
Oh, the allies gonna make you pay
That's why you don't F''K with Ukraine
Bro, I got to maintain
Cause Vlad, You gotta be insane
In-va-ding is insane
Stay out of Ukraine
In-va-ding is insane
Stay out of Ukraine

Like that?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I don't think we need PB.

This club has extrodinary organisers and activists amoungst our fans, just look at what we did in getting rid of Archer and getting planning permission for Falmer. I think fans will step up and (hypothetically) paint the Amex blue and yellow at the next home game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I very much doubt the Albion fans knew what was on his shirt.
I’m guessing he got dogs abuse because he and his teammates spent ages celebrating their goal in front of Albion fans, same as the Burnley team did last week in the other corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here