Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Song/Ukraine solidarity for tomorrow

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I missed your support at a match for the Afghanistan people when the taliban took over the country :whistle:

True, and again rightly or wrongly some issues strike a cord more. Don't get me wrong the pictures were harrowing of what was happening in Afghanistan. However I guess and it's not right, but just human nature ( humans really r evil) this is even more shocking, it a combination I guess, of its closeness to us (europe), plus this could escalate to kill us ie ww3. Where as Afghan was not in the same way going to endanger us and really far away. Human fear!! what revolting creatures humans are that part of the importance depend on whether it can cause our demise.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Exactly! Can't the Premier League pull their fingers out of their butts? Oh no let's just trundle on with taking knee which many feel has run its course. We're just asking for something for one game where football players and fans can show their solidarity.

What about a hand stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do it. Support what you believe in. If the club has any objections against it... too bad, the crowd should be allowed to voice their opinions.

This with bells on ! Anyone who thinks it's a joke emailing Barber clearly has no compassion or critically a grasp of what is occurring. Probably had a relative who went " what's the invasion of Poland got to do with us?"

Do we have to compare everything to a war where 50 million people died, including 20 million Russians. Other historical comparisions are available

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thinking about it, surely the easy option is just the Bruno song with “Ukraine” subbed in?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We don’t even have songs for some of our best players - no chance for something for Ukraine

burnley1977

Jan 1, 2008
Surely it has got to be either:

We stand with Ukraine
We stand with Ukraine
**** off Putin
We stand with Ukraine

or

We stand with Ukraine
We stand with Ukraine
We're Brighton & Hove Albion
And we stand with Ukraine

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just out of interest, what do you expect Barber to do, to stop the Russians?

Stop being an arse, surely you didn’t interpret that way?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
On a general note, if any large sporting organisations (or any large organisation for that matter) were really "non-political" they wouldn't spend so many resources lobbying politicians for good or bad.

They have easier access to those in power than individually any of us do.

So it doesn't sit nicely with me when such organisations like to say they "keep out of politics". They are quite happy to engage with it when it suits them.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do it. Support what you believe in. If the club has any objections against it... too bad, the crowd should be allowed to voice their opinions.

What about the 276 school girls taken by Boko Haram and never seen again, or the ongoing disappearance and murders of women in Afghanistan since the West washed its hand of that one? All but forgotten; where are their displays?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We stand with Ukraine
We stand with Ukraine
And we stand with Ukraine

That's very good. Simple, short and to the point.

We stand with Ukraine
We stand with Ukraine
We stand with Ukraine

People standing up.

Broadcastable. Memorable. Visual.

Villa fans could join in substituting their name for ours.

Defiant and dignified. Focusing on the country and its people, not the tyrant.

And with the chance of being picked up by media outlets and seen across the world, including Ukraine.

It's admittedly a small unofficial gesture, but it's the least we could do and might encourage others.

And if every team's fans did something similar, it would carry some weight.

Let's do it, Brighton. And let's do it today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I missed your support at a match for the Afghanistan people when the taliban took over the country :whistle:

Of course, it's true that there are conflicts all over the world that have demanded more attention than they received. The fact is though that this conflict represents a direct threat to Europe and the entire world order so it's bound to be more relevant across the continent. As NATO simply cannot risk the danger of escalation that would result from direct intervention, people in Ukraine are effectively laying down their lives for all of us long term. After Ukraine, where next?

In those circumstances, surely it's not really such a stretch for the rest of Western Europe to make their thanks and support very obvious.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What about the 276 school girls taken by Boko Haram and never seen again, or the ongoing disappearance and murders of women in Afghanistan since the West washed its hand of that one? All but forgotten; where are their displays?

Exactly!

You can add the shitstorm that is Yemen and Somalia into that as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope Stoke fans come up with something similar as they take on Russian owned Bournemouth.

There is no Russian ownership of clubs in Spain, Germany, Italy and Portugal but hopefully fans in those countries can show their support for Ukraine too.

tonebha

Jul 11, 2003
Can anybody get hold of thousands of yellow and blue balloons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here