Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some people are on the pitch...

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mr Toner has already been mentioned in the press on the BBC "Cameron Toner, 19, of Leicester, has been charged with three counts of common assault and going on to a playing area at a football match.

He is due to appear at Nottingham Magistrates' Court on 24 February."

He is being well lambasted on the Foxes forums

…almost as much as Rodgers is :lolol: Their manager ‘in or out’ thread makes ours look very tame

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127892-rodgers-inout/page/6/#comments

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What? Bad behaviour has nothing to do with what you describe. It’s all to do with booze, substances, being a tw*t, egged on by your mates and finally thinking you’re the dog’s bollocks with your 15 minutes of fame.

It doesn’t just apply to football either. Remember the pissed up Welsh fan running onto the pitch at the Wales v South Africa rugby match - his actions stopped a possible Welsh try and the chance to win the game. He was named and shamed and in the end had to go into hiding for his own safety. That, equally, has nothing to do with players, managers and executives all living in a different world to us.

That Welsh bloke got drenched in stuff thrown from the crowd. Never a hero in rugby.

Whilst this arse, faced rough justice from 20st forwards and a bloodied faced for his moment of fame.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need to sign up Graham Stack

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I couldn't see it posted, apologies if it has.

It was the first incident that came to mind, given the Forest connection.

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
…almost as much as Rodgers is :lolol: Their manager ‘in or out’ thread makes ours look very tame

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/127892-rodgers-inout/page/6/#comments

Godsmacked at some of those comments, be careful what you wish for.

I really dont think they are going to get a better manager than BR, their defence is shocking, and whoever sanctioned the millions for carthorse vestergaard needs shooting, but shirley the blame for that is more the DOF than BR?

Can only work with what he's given.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Godsmacked at some of those comments, be careful what you wish for.

I really dont think they are going to get a better manager than BR, their defence is shocking, and whoever sanctioned the millions for carthorse vestergaard needs shooting, but shirley the blame for that is more the DOF than BR?

Can only work with what he's given.

I can't be bothered to research this but recruitment always used to be Leicester's special power,

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante. Unbelievable bargains. "Yes" Ndidi was 17 mill from Genk. There are probably a lot more.

Did they change recruitment team?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Graham Stack's 10 year old son was the lad Elis James accidentally booted a ball into the goolies, when presenting a piece on Football Focus.

Oh and Stack has never had to buy a beer in Belgium since - noice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And on a separate and different but possibly not unrelated incident.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60294483

Half of me wants to say Politicians (and the establishment) get what they deserve / to the barricades Citizens!! The other half knows some of them are decent / protecting our democracy is priceless.

But bloody hell the current crop in charge make it hard to believe the latter. Johnson and his cronies have shaken my faith in politics like never before.

When does refusing to go in the face of countless scandals, lies and ineptitude become a dictatorship? Especially if during the term of office you’re hell bent on dismantling/destroying democratic apparatus that’s taken centuries to build and cost millions of lives to win and/or protect? Johnson and Carrie Antoinette’s heads would be on spikes by now in another era. No wonder the Peasants are revolting.

Vive La Revolution!

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Half of me wants to say Politicians (and the establishment) get what they deserve / to the barricades Citizens!! The other half knows some of them are decent / protecting our democracy is priceless.

But bloody hell the current crop in charge make it hard to believe the latter. Johnson and his cronies have shaken my faith in politics like never before.

When does refusing to go in the face of countless scandals, lies and ineptitude become a dictatorship? Especially if during the term of office you’re hell bent on dismantling/destroying democratic apparatus that’s taken centuries to build and cost millions of lives to win and/or protect? Johnson and Carrie Antoinette’s heads would be on spikes by now in another era. No wonder the Peasants are revolting.

Vive La Revolution!

Twas anti vaxxers, they're all loons

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't be bothered to research this but recruitment always used to be Leicester's special power,

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante. Unbelievable bargains. "Yes" Ndidi was 17 mill from Genk. There are probably a lot more.

Did they change recruitment team?

Yes.

The transfers guru who brought in all the relative bargains was poached by Everton.

Then sacked by them a couple of years later.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Never understood the pitch invaders over the last twenty years - during the game that is, at the end sometimes it is understandable in rare circumstances - because surely they are going to be banned. Is that really how they want to end their involvement with football?

I guess it all gets too much for people occasionally, but it's a pity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As many footballers who have found out…if they would have reacted , they would have been booked by the officials. Did you see the pitch invader who ran on at a womens premier league game and one of the defenders took the law in her own hands and barged him over…the ref rushed over and booked her! Pathetic.

Back in the wicked 70s (or maybe the early 80s?) a drunke numpty ran on to Hampden Park during an international match, The player he giot nearest to was Gordon McQueen. Now, he was noted as a hard tackler (sent off in the first ten minutes these days, I should think).
The tackle he delivered that day (the ball was nowhere near, of course) was the hardest, highest and dirtiest he ever delivered. It was a joy to watch (but unfortunately I can't find a clip).

I do, however, know these people - I understand their frustrations, there difficuties and tribulations. The only solution, in my opinion, is to cut off their goolies .............

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Yes.

The transfers guru who brought in all the relative bargains was poached by Everton.

Then sacked by them a couple of years later.

Was it Steve Walsh ex player at the club ? Or just a coincidence the guy had the same name
Or am o wildly of track on this matter:facepalm:?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here