Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some people are on the pitch...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just what the hell is going on with so many people running onto pitches, at various times, to do various things?

[tweet]1490375648946311169[/tweet]

[tweet]1490373742454837251[/tweet]

[tweet]1490383863138459648[/tweet]

[tweet]1490045381597671425[/tweet]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We have in a very short space if time, gone from the odd youngster running on at the end of a game in an attempt to get a players shirt, to far more serious pitch invasion where players are at risk.
Thankfully currently it is just the one odd idiot at a time, but despite the fact it is a criminal offence to enter the playing area, and the standard club ban for every and a day that follows identification this doesn't seem to be a deterrent.
Whether it's drink, drugs or something else, it needs to stop, otherwise any solution will mean that 99.9% of fans who aren't going onto the pitch will effectively be punished. Although fences are unlikely to be seen at grounds , I can easily see a solution were the front 2 or 3 rows are off limits with coverings to make it more difficult to get onto the pitch, meaning less tickets available.

Will Priti Patel bring back one of Thatcher's favourites of id cards for football fans, to get tough on this fad.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
When you have a feral elite, you have a feral underclass.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For a number of reasons (most of which are in the Bear Pit) a number of very angry people have been unleashed over the last few years for political gain.

As Trump found when you kick over the hive (and other unexpected things go wrong) it's quite difficult to get the bees back in again.

Specifically in this country when politicians whack in a VHS tape and attempt to reboot 1980s politics, what did anyone expect ?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quite liked the 2 bars we had across the South West corner, at the Goldstone.
But nothing quite says 'ahhhh football' like an 8 foot high metal fence with 2 foot long spikes on top.

So.for that reason, that's the one I hope we get at T'Amex.

The grey one, not painted.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
State of the nation. We saw similar in the US when Trump was running things. When rulers break the rules, stupid people follow suit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We have in a very short space if time, gone from the odd youngster running on at the end of a game in an attempt to get a players shirt, to far more serious pitch invasion where players are at risk.
Thankfully currently it is just the one odd idiot at a time, but despite the fact it is a criminal offence to enter the playing area, and the standard club ban for every and a day that follows identification this doesn't seem to be a deterrent.
Whether it's drink, drugs or something else, it needs to stop, otherwise any solution will mean that 99.9% of fans who aren't going onto the pitch will effectively be punished. Although fences are unlikely to be seen at grounds , I can easily see a solution were the front 2 or 3 rows are off limits with coverings to make it more difficult to get onto the pitch, meaning less tickets available.

Will Priti Patel bring back one of Thatcher's favourites of id cards for football fans, to get tough on this fad.

PL clubs should be forced to pay for more Police inside the ground depending on incidents, or proper Bouncer types prepared to really flatten any wannabe hooligan not someone paid £7.50 for 2 hrs whilst studying drama and makeup artistry.

This is an industry awash with money. Clubs should pay for improved security if required.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FK7oEo2WQAMBcgy.jpeg

Buffoons like this are always regular attendees at our local Greggs:wink:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Could it be covid related? The lack of social interaction during a key moment of adolescence? Or more simply idiots copying idiots, in a snowballing avalanche of morons?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Well that's a very quick and easy way to get yourself a jail sentence. I can't help but feel it was a shame that the stewards intervened; just how thick as fúck do you have to be, when you're an absolute lardy with a shit haircut, to single-handedly attack a group of about 8 professional athletes. Say what you like about modern footballers being soft; on average they're a damn sight harder than this pleb here.

Honestly, what do these specialtons think they're going to gain from doing something like this? You can hear the excuses now; "I'm really sorry, I'd had too much to drink and normally I'm an absolutely smashing bloke". Seriously, I've been incredibly pissed at the football on occasion, and the worst I've done is forgotten some of the finer nuances of the offside law. I've never felt the need to assault anyone, on or off the pitch. Maybe I'm just not enough of a LAD.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well that's a very quick and easy way to get yourself a jail sentence. I can't help but feel it was a shame that the stewards intervened; just how thick as fúck do you have to be, when you're an absolute lardy with a shit haircut, to single-handedly attack a group of about 8 professional athletes. Say what you like about modern footballers being soft; on average they're a damn sight harder than this pleb here.

Honestly, what do these specialtons think they're going to gain from doing something like this? You can hear the excuses now; "I'm really sorry, I'd had too much to drink and normally I'm an absolutely smashing bloke". Seriously, I've been incredibly pissed at the football on occasion, and the worst I've done is forgotten some of the finer nuances of the offside law. I've never felt the need to assault anyone, on or off the pitch. Maybe I'm just not enough of a LAD.

That’s because you’re normal. This lad must be on a spectrum as you allude. I reckon he’ll get 3 years and be out in 18months. Be nice if he got 5. And served 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here