Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’ve read there thread and this thread - we don’t come through this honours. I went to away game at Burnley last year, yes it’s a run down industrial town, but I found everyone friendly in the pubs before and after friendly, had a great curry (I didn’t know there was bring your booze ones left) and great chat with their fans. I don’t like the way Dyche makes them play but I have to admit what he manages to get out of very average players is outstanding, I mean with exception of Pope and McNeil I wouldn’t see any of there players improving our squad, but they don’t give up, they get stuck in pushing the limitations of what the referee will give them. Every club has racists and bigots as do all elements of society. They’re defence of Rodriquez whether right or wrong (and remember the FA found him not guilty)is what we’d expect to see at most clubs towards a home grown player. They will never be a glamorous ‘in club’, the chairman has just sold them to an American who paid for them with debt on their books so they could be in trouble in the near future. I also doubt they have many plastics fans as let’s be fair you can within 20miles see a lot more exiting football than happens at Turf Moor.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The town is a shithole without doubt, anyone who’s been there can’t say otherwise. Up there with Stoke and Luton as the worst in the country.

Personally I think Dyche is a massive **** but I appreciate he is a good manager and has done a very good job there. Not that I could watch their thuggish football week in, week out.

But whilst I understand every club has their decent fans and some wanker fans blah blah etc, those of us who have been going to matches home and away for many years know that some clubs have a much higher proportion of tosser fans than others and Burnley are without doubt one of those clubs.

I would take Palace fans over Burnley fans all day long.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The town is a shithole without doubt, anyone who’s been there can’t say otherwise. Up there with Stoke and Luton as the worst in the country.

Personally I think Dyche is a massive **** but I appreciate he is a good manager and has done a very good job there. Not that I could watch their thuggish football week in, week out.

But whilst I understand every club has their decent fans and some wanker fans blah blah etc, those of us who have been going to matches home and away for many years know that some clubs have a much higher proportion of tosser fans than others and Burnley are without doubt one of those clubs.

I would take Palace fans over Burnley fans all day long.

This.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Looking forward to our response next season to the 'you're just a middle class Wigan'

'If you shop at Waitrose, jump around' or such like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You made a good decision there!

I have him on ignore. Why does he bother digging me out? I occasionally take a peek at the ignored when the mood takes me. I've made a mistake with one or two and unblocked them. Mostly, however....<sigh>

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’ve read there thread and this thread - we don’t come through this honours. I went to away game at Burnley last year, yes it’s a run down industrial town, but I found everyone friendly in the pubs before and after friendly, had a great curry (I didn’t know there was bring your booze ones left) and great chat with their fans. I don’t like the way Dyche makes them play but I have to admit what he manages to get out of very average players is outstanding, I mean with exception of Pope and McNeil I wouldn’t see any of there players improving our squad, but they don’t give up, they get stuck in pushing the limitations of what the referee will give them. Every club has racists and bigots as do all elements of society. They’re defence of Rodriquez whether right or wrong (and remember the FA found him not guilty)is what we’d expect to see at most clubs towards a home grown player. They will never be a glamorous ‘in club’, the chairman has just sold them to an American who paid for them with debt on their books so they could be in trouble in the near future. I also doubt they have many plastics fans as let’s be fair you can within 20miles see a lot more exiting football than happens at Turf Moor.

Point of order m’lord.
Rodriquez was not found not guilty by the FA, the case was found not proven. Two very very different findings. That is a statement of fact.

As you were, carry on,

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Point of order m’lord.
Rodriquez was not found not guilty by the FA, the case was found not proven. Two very very different findings. That is a statement of fact.

As you were, carry on,
No-one is ever found not guilty by the FA. It isn't a verdict available to them. The charges against Rodriguez could have been proven or not proven, and they were not proven.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
2 posts calling us racists :lol: The very definition of irony. Didn’t at least 2 of theirs get arrested for it in the game at the Amex last season alone?! ****ing morons.

They are a shite club, shite stadium, shite fans, turgid footballing side and just cheating thugs not footballers and have been for years. Also never seem to have any black players on the pitch - it’s weird?!

Oh and Keane’s equaliser isn’t living ‘rent free’ in our heads (truely bellend phrase that’s crept into social media) id say most are still irked by the 2 dodgy reds game! Also, we would never have had the promotion season if we’d gone up that year so fine by us...!

I’ve really not heard us called plastic or plastic stadium very often - bless them - jealousy can be a funny thing. Always the token ‘I live near there (I’m jealous of my local teams success) and 75% support other teams line :lol:

The thing about us being racist seems to have come from the game where Bong got booed constantly by their fans. Someone on their forum said we’d been singing ‘town full of p*kis’ at them throughout the game which must be one of the most obvious lies imaginable.

Can anyone say that when they think of Burnley one of the first things they think of is ‘Large Pakistani community’? Because it wouldn’t be in the top 50 for me! I mean it’s hardly Bradford or Luton is it. Our fans singing songs like that at Burnley is about as nonsensical as us going on a tour of Saudi Arabia and changing Does Your Boyfriend Know You’re Here. It doesn’t make any sense.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I really like Dyche. Funny, resiliant, effective.

I am genuinely interested why they have only 2 black players in their squad, though. Happy to accept that it is just the way the cookie crumbled. But I remember Blackburn under Kenny Dalgleish. The owner would not sanction the signing of a black player. Everton also were reluctant long after other clubs had wobbled their heads. That was way back when, though, and those clubs have changed. Bumley, however remain an enigma, if I may continue to be circumspect. As I said, happy to be tutored if I'm adding 1 and 1 and making 3.

It did make me chuckle that their token black player for the season is called Mumbongo because his name sounds exactly like the name a racist would make up to mock foreign signings. “Na, I’d like us to try and sign Andy Carroll. Can leave all the Mumbongos to those tippy tappy modern clubs.”

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t dislike Burnley FC, I loved it when they beat the diving Villa team for example.

As long as it’s not at our expense, I’m fine with their EPL survival.

Possibly a lone NSC voice, I don’t mind Dyche. He works miracles on a small budget and their football isn’t the rudimentary gamesmanship rugby of Allardyce or Pulis as it’s portrayed to be.

I like Sean Dyche. Wouldn't want him as manager. But he certainly is effective.

I have no problem with Burnley. Never done me any harm. Mostly fans who support their local team.

Famous old northern town. Rich history. Great surrounds.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surprise, surprise - Albion fans call a town in England a shithole, and fans of that town's club don't take too kindly to it.

Having lived in Burnley myself for about 5 years, I've got to be honest - a thread like this doesn't do NSC any credit whatsoever.

Burnley was the town I moved to for my first proper job after graduating from university. I can only speak as I find - from day one pretty much everyone I came into contact with was friendly, warm, helpful and hospitable. Burnley is a real football town and I'm sure that was instrumental in helping a southern softie, wet-behind-the-ears, settle in and be accepted from day one.

I established some long-standing friendships that continue to this day (in fact one mate helped me get a ticket so I could see Albion at Chelsea on Boxing Day 2017, and visited me here in Chandler when he was out in LA on business a few years ago).

What right do inhabitants of a Sussex coastal resort have to cast aspersions on a northern, industrial mill town? This was my place of work for a number of years (in Colne) and I have nothing but happy memories:

Spring Gardens Mill.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Surprise, surprise - Albion fans call a town in England a shithole, and fans of that town's club don't take too kindly to it.

Having lived in Burnley myself for about 5 years, I've got to be honest - a thread like this doesn't do NSC any credit whatsoever.

Burnley was the town I moved to for my first proper job after graduating from university. I can only speak as I find - from day one pretty much everyone I came into contact with was friendly, warm, helpful and hospitable. Burnley is a real football town and I'm sure that was instrumental in helping a southern softie, wet-behind-the-ears, settle in and be accepted from day one.

I established some long-standing friendships that continue to this day (in fact one mate helped me get a ticket so I could see Albion at Chelsea on Boxing Day 2017, and visited me here in Chandler when he was out in LA on business a few years ago).

What right do inhabitants of a Sussex coastal resort have to cast aspersions on a northern, industrial mill town? This was my place of work for a number of years (in Colne) and I have nothing but happy memories:

View attachment 133511

As I said before on this thread, the Internet is so often a depressing place where the most vitriolic people's views stand out and take hold. Maybe a bit ott re a thread on a football forum talking about the town of Burnley, but you get my point.
Actually speak to people from this Sussex coastal resort and I'm sure the vast majority wouldn't have much of an opinion on Burnley either way.

Same goes for the Burnley fans calling all Brighton fans dick heads etc because of a few people on a message board being arrogant c0cks. Message boards of most clubs have their fair share of arrogance about their club/town and towards other clubs/towns.

I've been to home and away games between us and only ever seen good natured chat and banter between fans in pubs etc.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We are a “middle class Wigan” apparently [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Remote ex-colleagues over the years who have come from the area and followed Burnley have been some of the best I've had the pleasure to work with and chat football with.

There are many northern towns that appear as uninviting but the people certainly don't reflect this as I've found first hand.

They played some excellent football during that 2nd half. Give credit where it's due.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
I like Burnley. Burnley only has a population of 88,000, which is smaller than Hastings (just one town in our catchment area). They also have to compete with all of the other clubs in their area and the Manchester clubs. They are a really good club and really good local fans.

On the pitch they are an older and bigger club version of Wimbledon in the 1980's, and that is a compliment. Wimbledon always got a bad press but look at the players they had - Fashanu, Wise, Beasant, Earle, Jones, Holdsworth, Scales and it goes on. It's interesting how players who left Wimbledon were then all of a sudden good players, but when at Wimbledon were slagged off.

Only slight gripe is that some of their fans don't quite get the Albion, calling it middle class and new fans. I suppose it's not well known that parts of the coastal towns are far from middle class and the Albion were playing in front of 30,000 (non middle class) crowds in the old 3rd divisions and are a county wide club. In a way it's something we have in common. The press refuse to understand the Albion as much as they refuse to understand Burnley, creating idiotic portrayals of both. Some tho' I see on the Burnley forum had been to the Goldstone and had a better understanding of our club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No-one is ever found not guilty by the FA. It isn't a verdict available to them. The charges against Rodriguez could have been proven or not proven, and they were not proven.

Possibly true but the two statements are very different.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Of all the middle class “Holier than thou” posters to choose from on NSC and they chose Herr Tubthumper, if only they knew about his match day club lounge pre match meal reviews, which man bag should I accessorise with this week and tales of second home ownership threads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here