Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because I'm much more interested in people than architectural value? Sure, driving into Burnley's like descending through the nine circles of hell, but I don't really hold that against the inhabitants.

Yeh I am too - but I always consider a shithole to be about the place and how it looks / is, rather than the people...!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Surprised Walsall hasn't been mentioned in the list of huge dumps oop North.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My ex Boss is from Clitheroe. His dad played for Burnley for many years and his uncle played for City. He supports Leeds ...

By his own admission Burnley is full of very strange people and in many cases unpleasant people. The area around Burnley is apparently stunning, but the town of Burnley .......

Another colleague was a lad of Afghan extraction who was Burnley mad. He used to go to games with family members. He said it was weird as you would be having a friendly chat to the guy next to you who would suddenly hurl racist crap at a player on the pitch, they would then carry on chatting as if nothing had happened. TBF, Naz view was the problems in Burnley weren’t all down to the white Anglo Saxon fraternity.

I spend time around Preston and they have a similar opinion to us. It’s like the town that time forgot.

My ex boss lives in the West Country now and so has seen what the rest of the England has to offer. The only place close to Burnley is, and they’ll be no surprises on this ... is Luton. He actually thought Luton was worse which doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. Luton is a truly ****ing horrible place.

I haven’t spoken with either since late 2000’s so things might have changed ..... or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You must have missed the Bridge Bier Huis. Give it a go next time you visit. Lovely pub and friendly locals
Hipster have reached Burnley?
To be fair, I visited in around 2009/2010 just before the beardy mob put down their 20 sided dice and declared themselves Hip.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m not against the North. Some of my best nights out have been in Bolton, Chester, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle. Great walking and climbing holidays in the countryside up there. Great places with largely decent folk. It’s not a Northern thing, plenty of holes down south. But there is something about a Northern shithole that is just a tad worse :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As I am born and raised in Crawley, I am staying out of this one.

el punal

Can’t exactly see many threads on this board showing them some love so who cares

I care, I really do. I went to Burnley in April 2018 for the away fixture in our first season in the Premier League. So here is a list of wonderful bits and bobs about my trip that day :

The weather was glorious - a beautiful, warm, sunny spring day.

The countryside around Burnley is picturesque.

They have a fantastic bus service from Preston that runs on tracks - these buses even have square wheels.

It has three railway stations for you to leave the town as quickly as possible.

The locals are very welcoming with a tremendous sense of humour as in “Fook off, yer fooking wankers!” when entering one of their pleasant hostelries.

The ground has a wonderful old world charm with the fans indulging in some long forgotten colonial exhortations with gay abandon towards the visiting players and supporters.

The same said fans give you a wonderful send off on your departure with gleeful expressions about lady bits.

Finally, when you’ve enjoyed an experience so much, they say you should never go back.

Arrivederci Burnley! :kiss:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
At university in the 90s I met a dickhead who happened to be a Burnley fan. One day he sang “no ground, no fans” at me.
My 23 years of strong resentment towards that club is based solely on that incident.

****ing la-de-dah Brighton fans with their University education and their typing things in complete sentences.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You must have missed the Bridge Bier Huis. Give it a go next time you visit. Lovely pub and friendly locals

Hipster have reached Burnley?
To be fair, I visited in around 2009/2010 just before the beardy mob put down their 20 sided dice and declared themselves Hip.

Lol, he thinks the penny farthing riding waxed mustached gruel eating Victorians are hipsters...when they are actually just stuck in the past.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's a shame that so many angry views and insults are being shared by supporters of both clubs.
Both Brighton and Burnley are currently striving to compete with the financial powerhouses and need to remain supportive of each other.

These abusive keyboard spats seem to be becoming far too regular throughout society.
I'm sure if John Lennon was writing Imagine today he would have a line in there, "Imagine there's no social media".

It's time for this horrible pandemic to f*ck off and for us all to get out and start seeing each other face to face and being friendly once again.
We could all do with a bit of extra kindness at the moment.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Haha! Thats really bothered you, hasn’t it. Brilliant.

A thread about how shit Burnley fans are and you manage to insult our own fans. What an absolute clanger you are!
Upset you didn’t get picked to represent? Perhaps duck out of the Bear Pit now and again, you might get spotted :)

Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's a shame that so many angry views and insults are being shared by supporters of both clubs.
Both Brighton and Burnley are currently striving to compete with the financial powerhouses and need to remain supportive of each other.

These abusive keyboard spats seem to be becoming far too regular throughout society.
I'm sure if John Lennon was writing Imagine today he would have a line in there, "Imagine there's no social media".

It's time for this horrible pandemic to f*ck off and for us all to get out and start seeing each other face to face and being friendly once again.
We could all do with a bit of extra kindness at the moment.

Just before he punched his Mrs in the mooey.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The thing about us being racist seems to have come from the game where Bong got booed constantly by their fans. Someone on their forum said we’d been singing ‘town full of p*kis’ at them throughout the game which must be one of the most obvious lies imaginable.

Can anyone say that when they think of Burnley one of the first things they think of is ‘Large Pakistani community’? Because it wouldn’t be in the top 50 for me! I mean it’s hardly Bradford or Luton is it. Our fans singing songs like that at Burnley is about as nonsensical as us going on a tour of Saudi Arabia and changing Does Your Boyfriend Know You’re Here. It doesn’t make any sense.

As noted eslewhere, they must have misheard us singing 'Town full of racists'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I still remember walking from the car to Priestfield past front gardens replete with old mattresses and chav families on deck chairs !!! Garden of England ? Pah :)

West and East Kent are very different. Gittingham is many miles west of Faversham. Many. It's even many miles west of Sittingbourne.:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here