Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some of those Burnley fans - don’t like us. Oh well !!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Been to a fair few games against Burnley; never had any issues with their fans personally - a lot of friendly chat around the grounds and in pubs etc, just like with most clubs' fans. Laughable that two relatively small prem clubs from opposite ends of the country have threads on their main message board about each other. The Internet really is a ****ing strange place full of the world's most small minded people all seemingly in one place.

'I met a group of lads from Brighton once in Denmark years ago. Dickheads. Therefore, everyone from Brighton = dickhead'
Christ almighty.

Same for the handful of fans on here constantly calling Burnley a shithole etc. Grow up, ffs. Just a hardworking industrial town fallen on hard times. Lovely countryside around Burnley, too. Always raining, mind

And nice, friendly people. It's just a bit "forgotten".

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Calm down dear.

To state that Bumley supporters are exactly the same as ours (the post to which I replied, witheringly), meaning in attitude, and in equal proportion, is asinine. The fact that you failed to understand my point is a reflection on you.

And.....back on ignore <sigh>

Noooooooo! Not on ignore from the mighty HWT. Pleeeaaase, I'll do anything. The fact you cheaply throw around the term Nazi is a pathetic reflection on you. What a :wanker:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
They have a point. Lots of arrogance on here about the north

But some of us on here have actually lived 'up North' (admittedly me Yorkshire, not Lancashire) so feel I can make an OPINION based on experiences

Friendly people, but don't kid yourself that Burnley is a place that you'd like to live in unless you are from there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Been to a fair few games against Burnley; never had any issues with their fans personally - a lot of friendly chat around the grounds and in pubs etc, just like with most clubs' fans. Laughable that two relatively small prem clubs from opposite ends of the country have threads on their main message board about each other. The Internet really is a ****ing strange place full of the world's most small minded people all seemingly in one place.

'I met a group of lads from Brighton once in Denmark years ago. Dickheads. Therefore, everyone from Brighton = dickhead'
Christ almighty.

Same for the handful of fans on here constantly calling Burnley a shithole etc. Grow up, ffs. Just a hardworking industrial town fallen on hard times. Lovely countryside around Burnley, too. Always raining, mind

I take exception to that. I’ve been to most towns / cities in England. Luton is a proper shithole. As is Burnley. Absolutely horrible places to go and feels like going back in time. My opinion, of course, but seen some very pleasant areas all over the country. I also believe there’s more shitholes up north from my personal experience. Not a north / south thing - just the way my eyes have seen it...! Of course that’s also a huge generalisation I’ve done there. Burnley though... rancid..!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
At least they seem to dislike leeds more than us. Yes, the mention of bruiser barton does make a few of us 'snot up'.
After supporting my club through thick and thin for over 50 years, I can categorically state, I do not have a number 2(hdpe) stamped on my arse

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Christ almighty.

I too have met decent Bumley fans. I remember the 3-1 win up there 20 years ago and the pathetic carry on getting out of the car park, though. I remember being at Turf Moor and our lot were singing 'town full of racists' and their lot were a mix of shrugging 'and so what?' and 'yeah!'. Plus a sizeable number looking at their feet and pretending to not notice (good for them). Yes, all clubs have dick heads of different flavours. But I'm happy to mock the Bumley's, and I would rather stand or sit among 30,000 of our supporters than their's any day. We are not the same. And I rather resent the suggestion, somewhere above in this thread, that we are.

Have a look at how many black players they have in their first team squad.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would bet my mortgage Burnley have more racist and / or homophobic fans than BHA. Probably 10 times the amount I’d guess. And I’d guess we have more fans than them so that’s saying something...!

Don’t think anyone’s being holier than thou - there was nothing like that in the posts they quoted, it was just pointing out the obvious - Burnley is a shithole and their team are vile bunch of cheats who leave the elbows and studs in.

Your mortgage would buy the town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here