Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some of the Best live acts that you have seen

Tenngull

Sep 15, 2003
Tennessee
"Good evening boys and girls. It is a gas to be here. I'd like to introduce you to my band....

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band"

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
ian brown, the who, david gray, run dmc, public enemy, beastie boys, ll cool jay, oasis, super grass, happy mondays, rev' and the makers.........plus few others, oh yeah.....adam and the ants both times came to brighton.???

Great venue tHe Alhambra. Other fine acts that played there
The Piranhas
The Vandells ( Any one know what happened to Marcus? )
Woody and the Splinters ( John was one of the best R& B guitarists I've seen )
Dick Damage and the Dilemma
The Ammonites
Peter and The Test Tube Babies

Think I'll dust down my old Vaultage albums and give them a listen.Someone should organise a reunion of the old Brighton bands.Concorde 2 would be a great venue for it

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The Thin White Duke
AC/DC (when Bon was with us)
The Prodigy (just before they released FOTL)
Prince
PJ Harvey
Rory Gallagher (Reading 1980?)

Actually, there's friggin' loads..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am sad enough to have actually performed with Uncle John's Band. They were from Worthing.

I think they're dead now. We can only be grateful.

Fine words indeed, but they'll butter no Parsnips, I won't sleep easily til I see the autopsy reports

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
AC/DC............next tuesday :thumbsup:

Thats the musical equivalent of going to New Zealand... they should be just as good as they were at that gig in 1979:laugh:

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
The Mars Volta - Brixton Academy (ACE VENUE !!!)
Muse- Reading Festival at dusk with lightning behind the stage as they were coming on. ACE !!!!
Mogwai - At the original Concorde..
Deftones- Brixton Academy..
Foo Fighters- Wembley Stadium last year, My 10 year old sons first ever rock gig !! Awesome !!
Hillbilly Deluxe featuring Eamonn Mcgloughlin on violin... at The Ranelagh St James' St. Great musicians !!!
Mansun- The Event II
Robbie Williams- The Event II, Yeah I know, but you cant cant deny he has fantastic musicians behind him and he puts on an amazing show, (Why do you think he has done Knebworth..

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Great venue tHe Alhambra. Other fine acts that played there
The Piranhas
The Vandells ( Any one know what happened to Marcus? )
Woody and the Splinters ( John was one of the best R& B guitarists I've seen )
Dick Damage and the Dilemma
The Ammonites
Peter and The Test Tube Babies

Think I'll dust down my old Vaultage albums and give them a listen.Someone should organise a reunion of the old Brighton bands.Concorde 2 would be a great venue for it

I would hardly call them great acts.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Mogwai - At the original Concorde..

Did you see them at the freebutt on the first tour? It was absolutely ridiculous I couldn't hear anything for a week! They are still my all time favourite live band.

Other notable gigs, SFA on that tour where they had surround sound, f*** Buttons at Audio last year and Fight Like Apes every time I've seen them, they are proper mental.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here