Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It all depends on Murphy.

Skalak along with Sidwell have found themselves in the 'don't lose' team.
Murphy and Norwood are in the 'should win' team.

If Murphy is fit to play, as we were told he was after Leeds, :shrug: then why risk Solly from the start?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I don't get this thinking. We were dire against Cardiff, we struggled to kill off Leeds and we were one-nil down last night with 20 minutes to go. Hughton himself has confirmed all of this. Glenn Murray can't keep getting us out of jail and to some extent he's been papering over the cracks in attack. We need March's creativity and ability to beat his full-back.

What ever happened to starting players and subbing them at half-time if they needed rest?
Spot on. Skalak just can't beat his full back anywhere near enough. When March came on the game completely changed as the Brum defence were shitting themselves, with someone running at them with pace and purpose

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Spot on. Skalak just can't beat his full back anywhere near enough. When March came on the game completely changed as the Brum defence were shitting themselves, with someone running at them with pace and purpose
Yes, the deafening roar sent out by the Brum masses of "WHO" when his emergence was announced and the commentators response which was " they are about to find out" was quite amusing come the end of the match.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
March was excellent yesterday, no one can doubt that, and looked very hungry. His link up work with Bong, in particular, was thrilling.

As for the next match it's a tough one, on the one hand there's Chris Hughton, whe sees March in training every day, had been monitoring his comeback from a very unpleasant injury for the last twelve months, and is a UEFA Pro qualified coach. On the other hand there's a bunch of blokes on the internet.

I'm not sure who I should put my faith in.

Chris Hughton uses this forum quite often. According to an insider at the club (i can't give names) CH used NSC at halftime to decide on the subs last night. Bringing March on for Skalak was the general consensus on NSC. It worked a treat.

Never underestimate the power of a bunch of blokes on the internet. Especially with the other hand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chris Hughton uses this forum quite often. According to an insider at the club (i can't give names) CH used NSC at halftime to decide on the subs last night. Bringing March on for Skalak was the general consensus on NSC. It worked a treat.

Never underestimate the power of a bunch of blokes on the internet. Especially with the other hand.
That doesn't explain only having 4 possible left backs at the club.
If CH listened to NSC he'd have twice the amount.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
He's got to build up his match fitness what a good problem for CH to have we will need a strong squad for the run in .
I hope the fans get behind the team especially the cup games we should be getting 23000+ even for a shit team like MK tosxxrs

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I'm going to make a controversial suggestion now. How about stick March in the shop window and let Saints come and tempt us with a £12-17m offer?

We coped excellently last year without him, and he's only made cameos this year on his return so far and we're blessed with stupid amounts of cover in that area.

I love watching an on song Solly as much as the next person but maybe he's the one player we could 'afford' to lose.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm going to make a controversial suggestion now. How about stick March in the shop window and let Saints come and tempt us with a £12-17m offer?

We coped excellently last year without him, and he's only made cameos this year on his return so far and we're blessed with stupid amounts of cover in that area.

I love watching an on song Solly as much as the next person but maybe he's the one player we could 'afford' to lose.

Or the one man whose return could finally take us over the line?

Also, why would we need to sell if you assume we have the strength enough to go up regardless?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Why would we sell ? Could be instrumental in achieving promotion (based on yesterday's showing he will be). Madness to let him go.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

But we didn't cope excellently without him did we? If we had done then we would now be in the Premier League. What a silly suggestion.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's one of those players that on such an occasion mystifies with the simplicity of his movement and how that perplexes and outwits opponents. So full of potential, and what a time it'll be when he fully realises what he has and can consistently make the right decisions in with it. I'll be happy for him to start against QPR, and have him replaced after an hour if he needs it. Brilliant today.

This is why, if Solly remains fit and healthy for the rest of the season, Skalak and Murphy will barely get a look in. Except the odd game here and there, or from the bench.

Absolute class last night.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
But we didn't cope excellently without him did we? If we had done then we would now be in the Premier League. What a silly suggestion.

Oh come on. Signing AK and Skalak and dovetailing him with Murphy we went on the rampage post January and racked up another huge unbeaten run and moved from goal scoring also rans to joint highest scores in the league. As far as impact from wide players I'd say that amounts to coping pretty well.

I know we didn't go up but the point I'm making is TB has stated that whilst we want to retain our players in Jan EVERY player has a price. Saints were interested pre injury and likely to be so again.

IF to comply with FFP we need to make a single player sale then hypothetically March is a sensible one to consider.

Let me also state I DONT want this to happen but nevertheless IF we had to lose anyone to balance the books then this one would upset the balance of the team the least and who knows might free up funds for the second striker/#10.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Oh come on. Signing AK and Skalak and dovetailing him with Murphy we went on the rampage post January and racked up another huge unbeaten run and moved from goal scoring also rans to joint highest scores in the league. As far as impact from wide players I'd say that amounts to coping pretty well.

I know we didn't go up but the point I'm making is TB has stated that whilst we want to retain our players in Jan EVERY player has a price. Saints were interested pre injury and likely to be so again.

IF to comply with FFP we need to make a single player sale then hypothetically March is a sensible one to consider.

Let me also state I DONT want this to happen but nevertheless IF we had to lose anyone to balance the books then this one would upset the balance of the team the least and who knows might free up funds for the second striker/#10.

You haven't answered me. Why would we need to sell if you assume we won't need him to go up? FFP means jack shit if we get over the line and Solly will give us a better chance of doing that.

If we don't go up even with him, then there's always the summer to 'balance the books' as you say. Not that I think he'd be the most likely to go even then.

Your suggestion just seems utter madness the day after the kid inspired a 2 goal turnaround and 3pts having been on the pitch for 20mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here