Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - sings new contract June 2024

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
90mins hahahaha bloke follows 1k and doesn’t even have 3k followers. More absolute Twitter nonsense as per usual by people who make things up and hope people are stupid enough to take it as true and pass it on. No dig at you Vega.

Vega :lolol:

“The namesh Bond, VagaBond, double 0 sheven”

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's long puzzled me why so many Brighton players have been the subject of interest of "bigger" clubs but Solly March never has.

To answer your last question Stats aren’t good enough. Interesting had his best PL season under CH with five assists.

There seems to be almost a weekly Solly March thread debating his skill as a footballer, I’m not sure why the player needs this much attention are posters convincing themselves he’s great ??? Or going overboard because he’s from Sussex :shrug:

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mr 10% certainly needs Solly, shirley his best current client?

http://www.playersloungeltd.com/players.html

The list of former clients, certainly carries a little more weight than their current list

Bloody hell Solly, your intermediary can't even spell your name correctly, or get your birthdate right, on his website. Are you sure you really want this bloke representing you?

123421.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Solly certainly improved without the Amex crowds. I like the guy but he still lacks belief/confidence in the final third at times. As for the North London interest, not sure how much truth there is to that ‘Exclusive’

I was given a ticking off a while back by another poster for suggesting lack of crowds may be behind him having found his best form consistently, I am hoping it isn't that though and Potters magic wand has given him his confidence on a consistent basis.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Strange if true that it’s only a 2 year deal. Especially amid reported interest from elsewhere.
Very strange as Solly has 1 year left on his current deal and we have a further option on another year.

So not sure what the benefit of a 2 year deal really would be :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Absolutely - great player who mystifyingly still remains underrated by some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good player most certainly, but not sure l would call him "great". Does well for us, particularly in his new position of wing back, but for me flatters to decieve, and with a touch more confidence could do better on a more consistent basis, particularly when it comes to beating his full back and pinging in more crosses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strange if true that it’s only a 2 year deal. Especially amid reported interest from elsewhere.

Even more strange as it goes completely against the clubs policy of protecting the yoof.
When he grows up, develops and matures he's going to be an impressive player.

It always amazes me how much he's grown at the start of each season.

Bless lil Solly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Even more strange as it goes completely against the clubs policy of protecting the yoof.
When he grows up, develops and matures he's going to be an impressive player.

It always amazes me how much he's grown at the start of each season.

Bless lil Solly.

Always had the look of a 6th form lad playing football for the school team. ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always had the look of a 6th form lad playing football for the school team. ???

That's the point we need to give him a chance he's only 19 or 20 years old, bless him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Solly March

A good player most certainly, but not sure l would call him "great". Does well for us, particularly in his new position of wing back, but for me flatters to decieve, and with a touch more confidence could do better on a more consistent basis, particularly when it comes to beating his full back and pinging in more crosses.

Last season prior to his injury was one of his best seasons in the PL IMO.

Hopefully he can get back to those levels again.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Very strange as Solly has 1 year left on his current deal and we have a further option on another year.

So not sure what the benefit of a 2 year deal really would be :shrug:

Maybe there's an option in this new 2 year contract of a further year? Tied down until 2024 if so. They could have now inserted various other clauses that weren't deemed necessary before, so it's doubtful that the term of the contract is the only change.

His current weekly wage may have been well below others who have contributed less, so although there would be no contractual obligation to increase his money, doing so could be good management in order to keep him motivated & engaged.

Also, aren't players also able to buy out their contracts if they REALLY want out? If he's not on a great deal of money (relative to decent EPL footballers), with not so long left on his deal, it might make financial sense for him to do that if some other club taps him up and offers to double his money...

Ben White's rumoured £120k pw deal at Arsenal has probably set the tongues wagging in the squad!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Perfect summary of Solly. I think the confidence thing is of particular importance. This season is pivotal and we need to see him kick on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here