Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March "ready to snub a new contract offer"

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not a single quote in the "story" but maybe from the agent as Noobha suggests. In any case sincerely hope this isn't true as he was playing as about as well as anyone in the Championship when he was injured.
Essential he stays. He's got a very big future.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are in a fairly good position,if he goes now we get a fee and if he stays he will need to re-establish himself and prove worth ,that comes with potential benefits....compensation awaits as he will be under 24 in 2018?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Excellent news, hasn't got the quality needed to even clean the boots of knocky and skalak, Only ever played TWO good games for us, would let him go for free if it ment getting him off the wage bill. No place for dead wood here anymore if we are serious about going up. All the same can be said for JFC aswell.

I'm more concerned about the spelling mistakes than the opinion:fishing:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Difficult one

Obvious talent and could become a great player, however he really has got his work cut out to get back in the side with the number of players we have who can play in wide positions.

Seems a tiny bit strange that we would offer anything at this stage until he is fully fit and actually worked his way back into the side. If there is any truth and we have made him an offer that he has refused then I wouldn't be against moving him on for the right fee.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I thought he started last season poorly. Looked lightweight to me. Remember moaning about him at the Cardiff home game. He must have heard me as second half he came out and was immense from then until his injury at Derby.

Once he is back to full fitness the options we have on the wings are ****ing frightening.

el punal

Excellent news, hasn't got the quality needed to even clean the boots of knocky and skalak, Only ever played TWO good games for us, would let him go for free if it ment getting him off the wage bill. No place for dead wood here anymore if we are serious about going up. All the same can be said for JFC aswell.

I'm sure Chris Hughton will be reading your post with utmost interest, and will no doubt be contacting you in the near future for advice on which personnel should be used in the forthcoming season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Difficult one

Obvious talent and could become a great player, however he really has got his work cut out to get back in the side with the number of players we have who can play in wide positions.

Seems a tiny bit strange that we would offer anything at this stage until he is fully fit and actually worked his way back into the side. If there is any truth and we have made him an offer that he has refused then I wouldn't be against moving him on for the right fee.

Who would pay a large fee for him ? Certainly not a Premiership club or a top Championship club. They could never be sure he has got over that injury. I actually don't mind the Mirror as a newspaper but their sports journalists never seem to have any real inside information to back up their stories. Just watch their headline stories as the season goes on.

As soon as a team has a couple defeats they always start to claim that the manager is going to be sacked if they don't win the next game. Their stories are based on no real inside information contacts. They play the percentages and hope that they get the occasional one correct

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Another one GONE, what a MESS

Ernest , I am never sure whether you actually believe your own posts. OR if you are just fishing ?

Having left wing politics, such as my own, I often wonder if you are a ''shop steward'' ? They like to court controversy in similar ways to your posts.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ernest , I am never sure whether you actually believe your own posts. OR if you are just fishing ?

Having left wing politics, such as my own, I often wonder if you are a ''shop steward'' ? They like to court controversy in similar ways to your posts.
Enrest doesn't just fish, he captains a trawler.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Well you know who probably instigated this.

YES you guessed it........................Probably his agent. New contract coming up. Drop something in the press to alert clubs that he is nearly fit again to help drive his wage demands up.

This won't have come from Solly himself. He is a really shy lad. And anyhow, no club will touch him until he breaks back into the first team and proves that he has gotten over such a serious injury
Doesn't actually say that he's nearly fit again, just mentions the caveat of "once he's back to full fitness" - who knows when that might be.

Agree with the rest though, seems agent-driven and unlikely in general.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well you know who probably instigated this.

YES you guessed it........................Probably his agent. New contract coming up. Drop something in the press to alert clubs that he is nearly fit again to help drive his wage demands up.

This won't have come from Solly himself. He is a really shy lad. And anyhow, no club will touch him until he breaks back into the first team and proves that he has gotten over such a serious injury
It's odd how when it's bad news we blame the agents.
Yet, for example, I'd imagine Murray's agent was the driving force behind his return and yet GM gets all the 'credit'

The agents act on behalf of their clients, not the other way round.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's odd how when it's bad news we blame the agents.
Yet, for example, I'd imagine Murray's agent was the driving force behind his return and yet GM gets all the 'credit'

The agents act on behalf of their clients, not the other way round.
But surely they will steer towards a particular deal if it benefits themselves greatly. The agent overseeing any possible Pogba deal at the moment stands to trouser £10,000,000. The more they get for their client the more they get themselves.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Without Solly getting injured we wouldn't have gone out and signed Knockaert. If Solly can get fit again and regain that form he had before his injury, I doubt there'll be a team in the Champoinship with such an embarrassment of riches out wide.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He uses a code. If he puts words in capitals, he's joking. If he doesn't, he means business!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Without Solly getting injured we wouldn't have gone out and signed Knockaert. If Solly can get fit again and regain that form he had before his injury, I doubt there'll be a team in the Champoinship with such an embarrassment of riches out wide.

I just posted about this in another thread.
Knockaert, Murphy, Skalak, LuaLua, March and Bjordal :mad:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I actually don't mind the Mirror as a newspaper but their sports journalists never seem to have any real inside information to back up their stories.

This Mirror journo called the Russell Martin story correctly yesterday afternoon shutting down the rumours and before Naylor confirmed it from an "impeccable source" (ie: Hughton).

[tweet]754309128554704896[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You were watching a different player to me last year. It was no surprise our drop off in form over Xmas happened so soon after his injury.

Congratulations. Of football-related posts, you're right up there with the most clueless on here :thumbsup:

Agreed. Fred - what planet are you on?

Solly was tearing people up for fun down the wing; it was a pleasure to watch it...and I was gutted when he was injured for him and for us.

It's all about opinions, yours is wrong btw.

What drugs do you use? I want some, and the name of your dealer please. I'll be discreet.

Up 'til now.

His latest post probably confirms him as the outright leader.

He had many more than two good games for us. Up until his injury, he was simply electrifying. I had written him off earlier in the season but as autumn progressed into winter, he showed what a talented footballer he is.

You're nuts.

I'm more concerned about the spelling mistakes than the opinion:fishing:

Correct Coldeanseagull.

Fred Oliver is a typical troll. Makes one very controversial and nasty post, doesn't post again, but watches for the replies. Ignore him or in internet parlance, don't feed the troll.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Bit of an odd one with Solly. He's clearly got a lot of talent but very often he still makes the wrong decision. In my opinion spending a season competing with someone like Knockaert will benefit him massively.

Can't see him leaving for two reasons:

1. He's probably not looking to actually leave;
2. He's probably not quite worth the price we'd be asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here