Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March "ready to snub a new contract offer"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As someone who keeps as close an eye on the club as you do, I'm surprised that you thought it was strange. We've often given improved terms, generally packaged up with a contract extension, to our best players. It helps protect our key assets if nothing else.

I think it was because he'd had a bad injury and there was two years left to run. It seemed more common sense to wait until he was up and running again.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
looks like we have offered a new contact but not extended the length of it? maybe just trying to get a better release clause?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Why we'd be renegotiating a contract that runs until 2018, when the player cannot complete more than 15 games a season, is a mystery to me.

Yep. those players that struggle to play a full length season or complete > 15 games a season or so - definitely not worth persevering with or giving a new contract to..

How about this one who struggled to complete a season before headed Albion bound ?
14/15 - 24 games
13/14 - 13 games
12/13 - 27 games
11/12 - 19 games
10/11 - 21 games

Any guesses ?

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yep. those players that struggle to play a full length season or complete > 15 games a season or so - definitely not worth persevering with or giving a new contract to..

How about this one who struggled to complete a season before headed Albion bound ?
14/15 - 24 games
13/14 - 13 games
12/13 - 27 games
11/12 - 19 games
10/11 - 21 games

Any guesses ?

Is it Zeke Rowe?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

14/15 - 24 games
13/14 - 13 games
12/13 - 27 games
11/12 - 19 games
10/11 - 21 games

Any guesses ?
Kayal? (probably not, cant remember when he joined us..)
Knocky?
Rosenior

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

14/15 - 24 games
13/14 - 13 games
12/13 - 27 games
11/12 - 19 games
10/11 - 21 games

Any guesses ?

Maybe Knockaert?

EDIT: Just checked its not him. Wouldn't be Kayal would it, recall him having apparent injury problems at Celtic.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah it is Kayal. Point well made

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully just newspaper rubbish. If not unbelievable if asking for improved contract when he has just spent year getting paid for doing nothing.
At least has had time to learn to use his right foot

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I would be sorry if he moved on but disappointed if he did so, not only on the basis of his undoubted talent, but also because the club have supported him through his injuries and, over all, he has not done that much to repay that trust. I know that he has some time on his contract but I hope that, if he is committed to going, we will receive more than a decent fee for him

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly there is no loyalty in football. The only loyalty is too the wage packet which is understandable as I'm sure we would all be the same given the chance

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
looks like we have offered a new contact but not extended the length of it? maybe just trying to get a better release clause?

Or maybe trying to do away with an existing release clause.

Perhaps the interest from saints is very real and Brighton want to be in a position to negotiate a better fee.

I can't see any other reason to offer improved terms without extending the duration of the contract.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Or maybe trying to do away with an existing release clause.

Perhaps the interest from saints is very real and Brighton want to be in a position to negotiate a better fee.

I can't see any other reason to offer improved terms without extending the duration of the contract.

i think contracts are nothing but a compensation bargaining start. Even fans accept that if a player is unhappy "he can **** off" a la buckley etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here