Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - now's the time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
March seems a real home-bird. He’s married to his local childhood sweetheart, who has a new baby and seems very close to her family. I’d be surprised if he moves at all, but astonished if he moves as far as Leeds, Everton or Newcastle.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool Echo website also reporting that Everton are tracking March.

However it's a terrible paper and recently has been using anything to fill space, so no idea how likely this really is.

Everton news and transfers LIVE - Solly March linked, Christian Luyindama update, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg latest

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ve-18692133#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Scouts and managers may see more to March than many on here, but I certainly can't see the fans of Everton, Newcastle or even Leeds being overenthusiastic about signing him. He's not a bad player by any means, but surely no more than a squad player here, and I would hve thought if he was going to go it would be most likely to the Championship.

£15M though - I daresay there are many NSCers who would offer to drive him .....................................

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Scouts and managers may see more to March than many on here, but I certainly can't see the fans of Everton, Newcastle or even Leeds being overenthusiastic about signing him. He's not a bad player by any means, but surely no more than a squad player here, and I would hve thought if he was going to go it would be most likely to the Championship.

£15M though - I daresay there are many NSCers who would offer to drive him .....................................

There probably are, but most of them also think that £15M buys you a guaranteed 10 goals/10 assists per season proven premier league starter.

It doesn't, it gets you, at best, a decent squad player.
Very unlikely we would get better in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There probably are, but most of them also think that £15M buys you a guaranteed 10 goals/10 assists per season proven premier league starter.
I wouldn't be too sure about that - over the last three seasons we've learned a lot about the cost of a striker!

We already have.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean

For £15m you could get a vastly better player than Solly March, easily. Trossard was around that, and he's head an shoulders above. Bissouma cost around that too.

I can't for the life of me figure out what on earth Everton are thinking if they genuinely do want to drop £15m on Solly March.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For £15m you could get a vastly better player than Solly March, easily. Trossard was around that, and he's head an shoulders above. Bissouma cost around that too.

I can't for the life of me figure out what on earth Everton are thinking if they genuinely do want to drop £15m on Solly March.

I do agree that the value is high for what we see, however, and I have posted this many times, he appears to play within himself. Hides behind defenders and when with the ball often does the wrong thing. Then, and not often enough, he goes flying past players and looks the real deal. I'm sure it's a confidence thing and perhaps he needs pushing. That maybe away from here. We would all like him to succeed but he can be very frustrating as we all know there's a decent player in there somewhere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
March seems a real home-bird. He’s married to his local childhood sweetheart, who has a new baby and seems very close to her family. I’d be surprised if he moves at all, but astonished if he moves as far as Leeds, Everton or Newcastle.

Agreed. Lots of family in Hailsham etc too. Just can’t see him going / going far but we’ll see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Why am I not surprised he may put his wife before his career?

0D26010B-31C5-45C2-991C-BC82E8FAA39E.jpeg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think Solly is slowly dropping down the pecking order .

I know this wont sit well with the same group of posters who religiously lick the arse of any player who wears a Brighton shirt , but at 26 he seems to have reached his level

He’s quick , but that’s all I can say that’s positive

He’s no winger , he can’t take a premier league quality full back on , has no real tricks , he can’t cross a ball to save his life , he doesn’t create and doesn’t score .

I touted him like others to look to move to LWB in Potters system , Hughton making Solly defend from the wing every week for 3 years has helped his defensive qualities ten fold

However as a LWB you need winger attributes too and as said above , he just doesn’t have them

I’d love him to prove me wrong and hope he gets one more season to impress but im not holding my breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Both those players valuations have gone up since they have been playing in the premier league.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m firmly in the Solly March fan club. Best crosser at the club by a country mile and one of few that can beat a player but we don’t often play to his strengths which doesn’t help his confidence. Works bloody hard too.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I know this wont sit well with the same group of posters who religiously lick the arse of any player who wears a Brighton shirt , but at 26 he seems to have reached his level

He’s quick , but that’s all I can say that’s positive

He’s no winger , he can’t take a premier league quality full back on , has no real tricks , he can’t cross a ball to save his life , he doesn’t create and doesn’t score .

I touted him like others to look to move to LWB in Potters system , Hughton making Solly defend from the wing every week for 3 years has helped his defensive qualities ten fold

However as a LWB you need winger attributes too and as said above , he just doesn’t have them

I’d love him to prove me wrong and hope he gets one more season to impress but im not holding my breath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You clearly weren’t at the West Ham away game. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club but needs us to play with Glenn or another target man

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

he can’t cross a ball to save his life , he doesn’t create and doesn’t score .

I’m firmly in the Solly March fan club. Best crosser at the club by a country mile and one of few that can beat a player but we don’t often play to his strengths which doesn’t help his confidence. Works bloody hard too.

We have a difference of opinion as Jimmy Tarbuck would say

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You clearly weren’t at the West Ham away game. He’s the best crosser of the ball at the club but needs us to play with Glenn or another target man

TBH he's had years to do that with Murray and I'm not sure that has produced much. How many of Glenn's goals has he assisted? Can't be bothered to look myself because I could end up spending a long time on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here