Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - now's the time

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Or fans have always and will always have differing opinions, there is nothing wrong with that. Same as managers, coaches, pundits and journalists have different opinions

I rate March, I don’t rate Stephens, I rated Barnes. There’s no blanket right or wrong.
No very true. However, my problem isn't with people who have opinions that differ from mine, more those who refuse to engage and shout you down rather than have a debate about it or any depth to the opinion.

If you don't rate Stephens, fine he is getting on and has definitely past his best. My problem is with "He only plays sideways and back passes" when statistically he often plays the most progressive and accurate forward passes in our midfield.

Football without debate would be terribly dull.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There isn't a Brighton player who I want to achieve greatness more than Solly. I honestly think if he had Knocky's confidence and arrogance he would be a superb player but he doesn't seem to believe in himself and he will generally look to play a safe pass. And I don't care what these supposed stats suggest, his crossing is generally nowhere near good enough. But as a squad player he is dependable and works his socks off and that's a good start but I fear we need more than that now.

100% and he is a very good at covering the full back

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No very true. However, my problem isn't with people who have opinions that differ from mine, more those who refuse to engage and shout you down rather than have a debate about it or any depth to the opinion.

If you don't rate Stephens, fine he is getting on and has definitely past his best. My problem is with "He only plays sideways and back passes" when statistically he often plays the most progressive and accurate forward passes in our midfield.

Football without debate would be terribly dull.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yep

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am not claiming he is a world beater and the first name on the team sheet. Buy he is not shit either. He is a solid and very useful player for us and has been.

Tony Bloom has targeted a top 10 finish.

Sadly, March is one of a number of players who won’t help us get to that target but are more than capable of helping us achieve 15th (or below).

I think (like Duffy) a change would be good for him and us although I’d expect a top drawer replacement for him (I’m thinking Lallana/Veltman level here).

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m not going to go around in circles with you

March barely plays

There’s a reason for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I said that in my first post on the subject!!! He doesn’t play that much at the moment because he doesn’t suit the system(s)/tactics so well under Potter. Nor does Duffy, nor did Knockaert. That doesn’t make them bad players.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, I said that in my first post on the subject!!! He doesn’t play that much at the moment because he doesn’t suit the system(s)/tactics so well under Potter. Nor does Duffy, nor did Knockaert. That doesn’t make them bad players.

No I agree not bad players

Limited would be my appraisal

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No I agree not bad players

Limited would be my appraisal

I agree! There we go.

There’s a time and a place for Duffy (eg last ten against Newcastle) and I feel there is a time and a place for Solly (eg as a plan B with Murray)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I agree! There we go.

There’s a time and a place for Duffy (eg last ten against Newcastle) and I feel there is a time and a place for Solly (eg as a plan B with Murray)

If you read back , you’ll see I’d love him to prosper , but I’m losing faith

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
There isn't a Brighton player who I want to achieve greatness more than Solly. I honestly think if he had Knocky's confidence and arrogance he would be a superb player but he doesn't seem to believe in himself and he will generally look to play a safe pass. And I don't care what these supposed stats suggest, his crossing is generally nowhere near good enough. But as a squad player he is dependable and works his socks off and that's a good start but I fear we need more than that now.

I thought this was meant to be one of Potter's things - was hoping to have seen a surge in March's confidence but it hasn't happened this season.

Jimmy Grimble

Haven’t see the word bumlicker used as often as on this thread for a while.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I feel the ignoring of statistics that some posters on here have that this thread is headed for the bear pit.
Statistics are one thing but some of us also have eyes to actually watch the game too, and it's clear to see that March is nowhere near good enough. When was the last time he did anything productive? The guy has 1 good game a season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I feel the ignoring of statistics that some posters on here have that this thread is headed for the bear pit.

JFC used to have great passing stats

However those of us with eyes could see they were mostly sideways and backwards and he was a painfully slow runner

Which is why he’s at his level in League 1 again

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
People say the same thing about Stephens even though he passes forward more than backwards. Some people just have a hatred of certain players and do not like being challenged about it.

Such horseshit

Fans are allowed to watch players and critique their performances

To say it’s hatred is laughable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here