Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March - now's the time

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How much longer is BDB out ?

It's just that early on in the season the BDB, Solly, Trossard left side thing looked really exciting (and slightly comical)

View attachment 119741

You can add a fourth to the right of Ronnie C when Lamptey joins the attack.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He was BANG up for it.

Potter's subs both really put in a shift and turned the game.

Absolutely. It was as much the combination of the subs rather than one or the other for me....they combined brilliantly down the right (big kudos for Potter therefore on making the change). More options for Potter....fascinating he’s kept Schelotto and keeps picking him in the squad - clearly sees something a lot of our fans don’t seem to be able to spot.........

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There has never been any doubt that Solly has that in him. It's just that we have never seen it consistently. He comes on as a sub and changes the game. Then he starts the next one and ... meh.

How many times have we all heard 'There's so much more to come from Solly March'? Maybe GP is the man who finally finds out how much more?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Two decent efforts and on target

Interplay centrally with Trossard and Propper was also good to see.

Would like to see him Start for Watford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
https://twitter.com/AlbionAnalytics/status/1223669096023252992

Screenshot 2020-02-02 at 08.12.07.png

Looking at the stats he did have a big impact considering the relatively short amount of time he was on the pitch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As I say, we've been here with Solly before. He comes on sometimes, is unplayable for half an hour, and is then rubbish the next game he starts

Aka pretty much every winger ever

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m a big Solly fan and have just been waiting for his Premier League breakthrough. A few times he looks like he’s almost there and then has a bit of a step back.

It’s all about decision making for him. He’s got everything else - pace, touch, technique, stamina, powerful shot, a good cross and he works hard. He just makes the wrong decision too often - passes to the wrong player, crosses near when it should go far, passes when he should shoot. If he could just improve those decisions by a small percentage, we’ve got a heck of a player.

He’s made an impact against Bournemouth and West Ham when coming on, hope he starts against Watford.

el punal

thought he was excellent when he came on today after such a long break. Like a new signing and our survival could depend on him.

Interesting Potter preferred him to Maupay

He looked good when he came on as a sub against Bournemouth - although the result was done and dusted by then. Hopefully his confidence has returned because that, apart from his injury, was the reason for his poor performances in my view.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There has never been any doubt that Solly has that in him. It's just that we have never seen it consistently. He comes on as a sub and changes the game. Then he starts the next one and ... meh.

How many times have we all heard 'There's so much more to come from Solly March'? Maybe GP is the man who finally finds out how much more?

My personal take on Solly’s Albion career (not based on stats, just what we’ve seen), is that he was a consistent star in CH’s Championship team. Then a difficult first PL season (several other players did too), and then some quality games last season.

He also gives far more than our other wide men in terms of effort, tenacity, pace tracking back and miles covered in eliminating opposition threats eg against The Diver in our 10 man derby win last season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All about confidence with Solly, I’ve heard he’s often unbelievable in training and hasn’t quite apart from glimpses managed to replicate on match day. Hopefully GP is helping with this and we may just have one hell of a player on our hands. He was pulling of tricks yesterday I haven’t even seen him do before his confidence is sky high well done him & GP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't want to be all Spencey chaps but...

... we have been here before, we've been here so many times we don't even have to ask for the usual, eye contact will suffice.

Perhaps if we took it down a level or two.
While Solly does much the same (hear me out)

We might just get to see a consistently good player, instead of celebrating an excellent footballer only to then, 90 minutes later, audibly groan/moan/tut/berate a wee-wee poor one.

Last edited:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Always thought that Solly was one of our more solid player with loads of potential. Great to see him come on and have the same buzz about him that Trossard gives us. TBF, Trossard has had a few pedestrian games, just like Solly does sometimes. There could be a bit of bias as Solly is a home grown lad who some on NSC think is just not up to PL standards, period. :shrug: He certainly looked like one of our best players while he was on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Always thought that Solly was one of our more solid player with loads of potential. Great to see him come on and have the same buzz about him that Trossard gives us. TBF, Trossard has had a few pedestrian games, just like Solly does sometimes. There could be a bit of bias as Solly is a home grown lad who some on NSC think is just not up to PL standards, period. :shrug: He certainly looked like one of our best players while he was on.

Nail hit firmly on head.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Got to say, Solly taken a big step forwards under Potter’s coaching, and definitely has moved up the pecking order as the season reached his close.

He seems:
a) more willing to take on his man
b) confident to spray a ball from one wing to the another (see Burnley 1st half).
c) strong in defence and the tackle

I thought he’s looked one of our better players through lockdown. Maybe something has clicked? Always thought it might be his own belief in himself rather than ability.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got to say, Solly taken a big step forwards under Potter’s coaching, and definitely has moved up the pecking order as the season reached his close.

He seems:
a) more willing to take on his man
b) confident to spray a ball from one wing to the another (see Burnley 1st half).
c) strong in defence and the tackle

I thought he’s looked one of our better players through lockdown. Maybe something has clicked? Always thought it might be his own belief in himself rather than ability.

Not something I noticed, more of the same old March from me, kicking the ball straight out, misplaced passes and that was within a couple minutes on Sunday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not something I noticed, more of the same old March from me, kicking the ball straight out, misplaced passes and that was within a couple minutes on Sunday

There’s the rub - people will see (or focus on) the things they want to see.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m not seeing that he’s anything but a useful back up defender but CH before, and GP, now, keep picking him and we did win on Sunday. I’ll just keep muttering under my breath when I see he’s starting or when he comes on as a sub as he annoys me most games. Few of us love every player though :shrug:

I do want him to shove my words back down my throat but he keeps disappointing on that front too :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here