Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes - superb I thought. Its incredible how good-a PL winger he's become. Deserves an England call up but we all know it isn't going to come under Southgate sadly

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Unbelievable again yesterday. His work rate is off the scale. I've loved a lot of Albion players over the years but none more than Solly. He brings out the 'proud Dad' in me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
why is this brilliant footballer not playing for his Nation? ABSOLUTE CLASS , AGAIN
He would be if he started playing this well earlier in his career. IMO he's still young enough to be given the chance, but it's harder to get in now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I bloody love him, what a player!

Unfortunately for Solly though he’s got England’s best player, the wonderful and probable future Ballon d’Or winner Saka in front of him so he is unlikely to ever play for England. Maybe he can make a squad as back up one day though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He would be if he started playing this well earlier in his career. IMO he's still young enough to be given the chance, but it's harder to get in now.
Strange though, isn’t it. Apparently it’s fine once having been good but now shit (Maguire) but developing into a better player over time (the normal way) like Solly doesn’t fit the wacky Southgate plan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Strange though, isn’t it. Apparently it’s fine once having been good but now shit (Maguire) but developing into a better player over time (the normal way) like Solly doesn’t fit the wacky Southgate plan.
I think we see club coaches dropping players who are out of form, and picking new players, but country managers don't get the time with the players, so I think they often stick with the tried and tested. Southgate may be worse than most in that regard.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Such a good game. by Solly. Before I was hoping he would take Burn on and he did just that. Sure Burn has had some outstanding games for Newcastle but looked poor yesterday. Hats off to him for spending some time at final whistle with Brighton players he had played with.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saka, Rashford, Grealish all have played on the left for England. Tough list

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we see club coaches dropping players who are out of form, and picking new players, but country managers don't get the time with the players, so I think they often stick with the tried and tested. Southgate may be worse than most in that regard.
Southgate should have gone after the WC for England to have any chance of Silverware at the Euros. He’s properly stinking the place out now with team selections.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it’s Saka and Foden though who are ahead of him on the right - and possibly Bowen

Across all the front 3 there’s a lot of quality to be fair.

Unfortunate for Solly but selfishly for us i’d rather he gets some good rest in the windows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here