Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agreed, he did really well out of position.
When I saw the teamsheet and positions I said to WS Jnr "This doesn't bode well". I'm a great fan of Solly but left back ? Against Liverpool ? How wrong I was !!!!! MoM for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
League One at best.

Although I thought he was great today.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Definitely man of the match today in my eyes. I sometimes wonder if the sponsors have watched the game with their choices, but at least Adingra also had a good game.
March sponsorship normally adopt the Gareth crook train of thought. It’s less embarrassing than trying to explain why without the obvious he scored a goal

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Think we all know deep down that Solly won’t get in an England squad against our crop of wingers. If seen by Gareth as just a winger.

With Englands injury troubles at left back the last couple years (Chillwell and Shaw, both injured now too) I always thought he’s a great option as a versatility player. Especially for a tournament as Gareth likes going to a back 5 with wing backs against better opposition. We knew he was good as a wing back but today he also proved he’s just as good at full back.

papachris

Think we all know deep down that Solly won’t get in an England squad against our crop of wingers. If seen by Gareth as just a winger.

With Englands injury troubles and left back the last couple years (Chillwell and Shaw, both injured now too) I always thought he’s a great option as a versatility player. Especially for a tournament as Gareth likes going to a back 5 with wing backs against better opposition. We knew he was good as a wing back but today he also proved he’s just as good at full back.
THIS. He would be a great player to have at a tournament because of his versatility in a number of different positions. Always been one of my favourite players

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
THIS. He would be a great player to have at a tournament because of his versatility in a number of different positions. Always been one of my favourite players
I always think of him as a player who, if he was on the bench and I was the manager, you could turn to in any situation and he would do the job. Need a more defensive winger to see a game out? Solly March. Full back/wing back is tired? Solly March. Left side, right side? Solly March. Trailing a game and need some energy and a game changer? Solly March.

Really underrated player.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

With Englands injury troubles at left back the last couple years (Chillwell and Shaw, both injured now too) I always thought he’s a great option as a versatility player. Especially for a tournament as Gareth likes going to a back 5 with wing backs against better opposition. We knew he was good as a wing back but today he also proved he’s just as good at full back.
Could he get a call up now that Saka is out?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
These was a good performance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I always think of him as a player who, if he was on the bench and I was the manager, you could turn to in any situation and he would do the job. Need a more defensive winger to see a game out? Solly March. Full back/wing back is tired? Solly March. Left side, right side? Solly March. Trailing a game and need some energy and a game changer? Solly March.

Really underrated player.
We just need a keeper and 5 of Solly March, 5 of Pascal Gross - these two seem to be able to play in every position on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here