Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
MotM for me.

Worth mentioning how well he and Mitoma combined in the final third, in the second half.
Although Mitoma had 3 on him most of the time, they frequently found a way through them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Arteta says Saka won’t be available for England

Do the right thing, Southgate

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
When I saw the teamsheet and positions I said to WS Jnr "This doesn't bode well". I'm a great fan of Solly but left back ? Against Liverpool ? How wrong I was !!!!! MoM for me.
It is easy to forget that prior to signing Cucurella that Solly played quite a number of games at left back/wing back.

On the radio in the build up they kept on suggesting Gross would play there, which was worrying my Dad, I instantly pointed out that March would be playing there - especially given both Adingra and Mitoma we're starting.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It is easy to forget that prior to signing Cucurella that Solly played quite a number of games at left back/wing back.

On the radio in the build up they kept on suggesting Gross would play there, which was worrying my Dad, I instantly pointed out that March would be playing there - especially given both Adingra and Mitoma we're starting.
On the concourse, I saw the SKy bizarre line up, only saw it briefly, think it was 4 - 1 - 2- 3 with Gross at right back, Velts at Left back.
Presumably Pedro and Adingra in midfield.

I thought "Nope, that aint it"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
People seem to be forgetting that he played left back regularly (brilliantly) a couple of seasons ago!! He's experienced there.

IIRC he's played there numerous times (as well as LWB) beginning all the way back under Chris Hughton (y)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Great performance today, didn't give Salah a sniff, and Veltman was also great on the other side.
Yep. Agree.

Find it amusing that Salah made it into Garth Crook's team of the week when Solly had him more or unless under control. One penalty and your teammate giving you a gimme does not make a stellar performance Garth.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
For a player that most of us used to think just lacked a bit of confidence at times, Solly has become one of the most assured players in our squad over the past year.

Just gets stuck in all the time, head never goes down, never knows when he's beaten, fights for the ball in the tightest of spaces and against any calibre of opponent. Crosses and dead balls have become much better and he also knows where the goal is.

We've all watched this lad develop and improve since he was really just a kid and now he's one of our most solid performers. Couldn't be happier for him.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Get better soon Solly, we need you mate. Really hope it’s not as bad as it looks. Guess we’ll know on Wednesday at RDZ’s presser

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully not as bad as it looked

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here