Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I remember how proud I was seeing Bobby play for the U21s, that brief England appearance, that spell of players like Harding and Hinsh being around the U21s set up, then Solly, then Dunk running out against the Yanks.
But March playing for the senior team would top the lot. Fingers crossed. If Southgate sticks to his form commitment Solly is arguably first name on the teamsheet ATM.
He wont, not a chance Solly gets a sniff, nor Dunk.....

Form only counts, if youre not playing at an established top 6 club + Palace, and certainly not if you're a Southgate favourite like slabhead.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I suspect it will go to Mitoma, but I 100% agree that Solly should be a serious contender, alongside Caicedo and Estupiñan.
This must be the toughest-ever season to choose player of the year! So many contenders. Dunk should surely be included as well as the four you mention.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Being nine rows up from the pitch on the east stand, it was a pleasure (as it is most weeks) to watch some of his movement and runs up close last night. Amidst all of the drama and stress, he managed to keep his cool for the goal and was pretty consistent all the time he was on the pitch.

He would be a deserved POTS. The (local) boy done good :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

He has gone up several levels under RDZ but it is worth remembering he was very good at LWB under Potter as well.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We still have more than a third of the season to play so loads of players still could make a dash for the prize.

But on evidence so far I’m going

1) March

2) Mitoma

3) Gross

4) Caicedo

5)Estupinan

Caicedo 4th? How is Caicedo only 4th ?!?!?!?!?!?! Pull yourself together Cybergoat. But I can make equal cases for the others.

And there are others close behind. Dunky I feel like I now take his excellence for granted. Several young players have come in and also been excellent. There is still loads of football to be played. There’s always recency bias with these things, it could still go to about 9 players.
It is very difficult . Personally would go with Caicedo, he really is the rock the team is built on allowing everyone else to play well. But all those that you mention plus a couple of others could win based on form.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pretty sure that there was a rumour that West Ham were lining up a 10 million quid bid a few years back and there were a few on here offering to give him a lift.

(Not me, I don't drive).

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
It is a shame for Solly and Dunk that they are barred from the England set up because there are no football clubs south of London but it is a result for us - handy little rest for them before the hectic April/May period kicks in.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Hardly surprising that he's chosen Henderson, Phillips, Maguire, Dier, Guehi and Gallagher, all who have either barely played or when they have have been shite.

Not sure why anyone bothers watching with Southgate in charge. Funny that he went with Toney over Wilson, but fancied it the other way round for the WC and dropped Toney because of the FA charge. Still ye lt to serve the ban so not sure why he's included him either.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Hardly surprising that he's chosen Henderson, Phillips, Maguire, Dier, Guehi and Gallagher, all who have either barely played or when they have have been shite.

Not sure why anyone bothers watching with Southgate in charge. Funny that he went with Toney over Wilson, but fancied it the other way round for the WC and dropped Toney because of the FA charge. Still ye lt to serve the ban so not sure why he's included him either.
Especially as Solly skinned Guehi last night.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
4D4503BC-B31B-444D-95D6-44C3472A17D3.png

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At the end of the Pitchside video from the Palace game, I think I heard someone in the dressing room say 'Three more Solly, three more'. RDZ setting him a target for double figures, when his best previous season return was two? All seven of his goals have come after the World Cup break.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the end of the Pitchside video from the Palace game, I think I heard someone in the dressing room say 'Three more Solly, three more'. RDZ setting him a target for double figures, when his best previous season return was two? All seven of his goals have come after the World Cup break.
I noticed that – and also Lallana getting out of Solly's seat when he came into the dressing room!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here