[Albion] Solly March, local lad and Premier League star, is f***ing brilliant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
World class are your Messi`s, Ronaldo, Haaland , De Bruyne etc.
Top of the pops.

Albion have no world class players.
The definition is much more subjective than that. IMO World Class is a player that would get in almost all international teams so would include the likes of a much wider group. Caceido is 100% world class and I think Mitoma has the potential to become it.

Eaglesplat

Local legend
Mar 16, 2023
Stozza, Southeazi
Contrary to what I thought , or care, about the England squad, thought some of the saves Pickford made yesterday were world class ?
Hands down best player on that squad. If he hadn't made those saves when he did, I reckon we would had momentum to find a way back into it. I still hope they go down cos he'll definitely be on the move to a better club.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Some decent saves, for sure. But "world class" ? Thats setting a pretty low bar isn't it.

Like I say, people throw the world class thing around far too much, IMO. A year or so ago loads on here were saying Bissouma was world class and our best midfielder of all time. We need to calm down a bit sometimes.
Didn't realise Bissouma was a goalkeeper ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No. There are literally hundreds of mediocre players with World Cup winner’s medals who were fortunate enough to be the same nationality and generationas 2-3 world-class players.

The entire Argentina ‘86 sqhad bar Maradona, for example.
Mediocre? 😂

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't realise Bissouma was a goalkeeper ?
Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Yep. Most of that Argentina team were bang average, all being carried by 1 genius.
I think you can add Daniel Passarella as the 2nd world class player.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The definition is much more subjective than that. IMO World Class is a player that would get in almost all international teams so would include the likes of a much wider group. Caceido is 100% world class and I think Mitoma has the potential to become it.
Was hoping that it's a lot better news than we all are thinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports