Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solanke

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently he was knocking off one of the other player’s wives, and his colleague used to watch whilst cracking one off into a Kleenex as DS did some BDSM with his missus.

Solanke Spanky Hanky Panky Wanky

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's a plausible rumour.

The two barriers could be ...

Wages. He would become one of the top earners whilst far from guaranteed to play
Personality. Ashworth knows the lad, so in a good position to determine if he's the right type.

Agree with those saying at his age, you're still buying for potential rather than proven performances. At the fee and wages we'd be paying, it would be quite a risk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't really know a lot about Solanke to be honest, does he put a shift in regardless of his goal return ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know this is unlikely to be popular, and am 100% not in the know. But I just have a hunch we’ll go for him. Rumoured we were in for him before he went to Plucky, and would be known to Ashworth as one of the standout stars of the strong England youth teams. Hasn’t really happened for him but made some bad career choices, and it did seem to be clicking right at the end of the season. In theory has all the attributes we need. Still only 22, and was player of the tournament at the u20 World Cup a few years ago. There’s a player in there and I have a hunch Potter and Dan might fancy it.

My initial thought was ‘what an idiotic’ post. I thought he was awful for Muff pre-lockdown.

Then I gave it some thought.

Attributes - tick.

Age - tick.

If Mr Ashworth still believes this lad has potential, I’d certainly back him.

He’d sunk without a trace in a B’Muff team that had always sacrificed proper defending for out scoring the opposition.

But. he has found some Premier League form, as a young player, he just needed some confidence in a new league.

If we can land him for around £10m from a desperate B’Muff and Ashworth still thinks he is gravy, let’s get him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's no better than Gyökeres.

Such a shame NSC has already written off our forward who has scored 1 goal in his 2 appearances for the Swedish senior team, and who won't cost a transfer fee.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Apparently he was knocking off one of the other player’s wives, and his colleague used to watch whilst cracking one off into a Kleenex.

Solanke Hanky Panky Wanky

Krankies.jpg

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have always had a hunch that Solanke will come good. Big step up from youth superstar to premier league ever present. At 22 he is still a youngster. As others have said, Ashworth knows the guy. He is the type of player we need to replace Murray in the squad as the target man option that all clubs need. I have no idea what sort of wages he’s on but if he plays a successful year in the Championship his value and wages could escalate out of our range.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Such a shame NSC has already written off our forward who has scored 1 goal in his 2 appearances for the Swedish senior team, and who won't cost a transfer fee.

Gyokeres isn't really a like for like though is he ?... a forward player yes, but not a Murray type replacement.. ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Personally would be underwhelmed if we signed Solanke - but obviously there are people at the club whose opinions are far better informed than mine!

Re: Gyokeres, I think it would be a risk making him out 3rd. (or 4th. if we are still expecting Murray to be an active part) striker. If we are serious about keeping him, then I think a season on loan in the Championship would be the best way forward - where he is playing at the moment it is a bit difficult to assess his level relative to the Championship and the PL.
Loans to European clubs do seem to be the first step on the way out though, TBH.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gyokeres isn't really a like for like though is he ?... a forward player yes, but not a Murray type replacement.. ?
I think Gyökeres could absolutely play the Murray role. Now taller than Glenn, and hasn't had the chance to be Potterised.

I can see the benefit of paying a fee for a new striker, but to pay a fee for Solanke when we have Gyökeres on the books doesn't have much appeal for me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think Solanke is destined to become an upmarket Ravel Morrison where he moves from club to club, based on the manager believing he can find and extract the quality player from within, before giving up and moving the player onto another club.

No point getting on this carousel.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Before he went to Bournemouth I was a yes, he ticked most of the boxes.

He's been a bit shit at Bournemouth though hasn't he? So I'd need re-convincing before getting excited about the prospect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Personally would be underwhelmed if we signed Solanke - but obviously there are people at the club whose opinions are far better informed than mine!

Re: Gyokeres, I think it would be a risk making him out 3rd. (or 4th. if we are still expecting Murray to be an active part) striker. If we are serious about keeping him, then I think a season on loan in the Championship would be the best way forward - where he is playing at the moment it is a bit difficult to assess his level relative to the Championship and the PL.
Loans to European clubs do seem to be the first step on the way out though, TBH.
I actually agree that a Championship loan is best for Gyökeres.

I just think that if we are signing Solanke for the 1st team squad, then it would be better to keep the money and stick with Viktor.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think Gyökeres could absolutely play the Murray role. Now taller than Glenn, and hasn't had the chance to be Potterised.

I can see the benefit of paying a fee for a new striker, but to pay a fee for Solanke when we have Gyökeres on the books doesn't have much appeal for me.

maybe you are right, I see him more as one of the wider players in a front 3.
Potter is bringing him back to take a look at pre-season though so he will get to take a look :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here