So you've got £2.5 million to spend on a house in Lindfield

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I chuffing hate Lindfield as well. The sooner it is absorbed by Haywards Heath the better (or has it already been?).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, large garden, on the high street, 3500 sq ft
Doesn't look like 3500 sq ft. Not convinced the agent's got that right.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They REALLY like cream and yellow don't they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This any day of the week, buy an aston martin for the drive with the change.
I do like a nice location, and it's nice to be in the centre, but christ, at least you can see what your money's bought with the mansion place. Anyway, I've got my eye on the Cuckfield place now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I presume it's a combination of

(1) Rarity. Lindfield village centre. Very popular village, & houses right in the middle can't come up all that often

(2) Big garden

(3) 6 bedrooms

Other than that, it does seem a little overpriced compared to large country houses you could pick up for that money. Plus you'd have to do something with the interior, as I'd hazard a guess that the existing occupants are of pensionable age, and the decor seems a little twee for my taste.

Other factor is proximity to HH station. You can only afford this with wealth, or a City job.

Still overpriced, agreed.

PG

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Victorian semi, Hurstpierpoint, needs work, £950k, sold in days before Christmas. Maybe £2.5m for a lovely Lindfield dream 10 mins from HH Station not so bad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Other factor is proximity to HH station.
It's not that close to the station, there are plenty of decent houses closer that aren't half the price. Maybe it's as edna said, it's rare so if someone really wants to throw their money away, let them.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
A couple of houses in Hurstpierpoint, Hassocks Road were sold for about 900,000 and they are knocking them down and building new. They have a view to the Downs and the land behind can't be built on - but still bloody expensive

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please will you lot stop taking the p**s out of my house on the internet, it is putting buyer's off, thank you.
I'm trying to get the price down.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I hate Lindfield.

Lovely historic buildings but full of up-themselves upper middle class Tory tossers pretending it's still a village rather than the posh end of Haywards Heath.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
full of up-themselves upper middle class Tory tossers pretending it's still a village rather than the posh end of Haywards Heath.
I'm going to fit right in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports