Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you've got £2.5 million to spend on a house in Lindfield

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Are you sure he was not just renting the room/cupboard, the pics of which were earlier in the thread?

100% owned the house. Cant for the life of me remember his name. One of my earliest memories was getting a lift home off him in his police Mini Metro after he saw my mum struggling home with the shopping.

As an aside my parents purchased their house in Lindfield back in the 70s for £16K which - as my dad advised, was 3 x income. Its a small 2 bed bungalow with larger than average garden. Now the same house is worth some £700K a ludicrous amount given what you get for the money.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I may be too cautious, and it might be a long shot for another buyer to be see this thread, but I wouldn't think the offer should be made public. Like I say, I'm probably just too cautious.

Yet :lol: Hasn't it been point blank refused? I know £2.5m is a bit steep, but looking at what else is available in the area, £1.4m is a bit low IMO.

The individual knew I would make the post prior to me doing so. I'm passing no comment on the adequacy or otherwise of the offer made!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
100% owned the house. Cant for the life of me remember his name. One of my earliest memories was getting a lift home off him in his police Mini Metro after he saw my mum struggling home with the shopping.

As an aside my parents purchased their house in Lindfield back in the 70s for £16K which - as my dad advised, was 3 x income. Its a small 2 bed bungalow with larger than average garden. Now the same house is worth some £700K a ludicrous amount given what you get for the money.

My parents were the same - bought a 5 bed house in HH for 32k in 1972. Sold it for 15 times that 25 years later. Crazy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I grew up in Lindfield. Back in the 1980's/early 90's the village policeman lived in that [or the house the other side] the Red Lion.

Can you imagine a police officer being able to afford such a property now.

Damn sure. I have to slum it in Haywards Heath. The ghetto, if you will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here