Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So you've got £2.5 million to spend on a house in Lindfield

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I hate Lindfield.

Lovely historic buildings but full of up-themselves upper middle class Tory tossers pretending it's still a village rather than the posh end of Haywards Heath.

Full of upper middle class blah blah.......that really tells us all we need to know. It is very nice, and very useful for London. Do we really think that the upper middle class waste their money on something that ain't worth owt? I have no wish to work in London so the £1 mill surcharge for railway access is of no interest to me, but looking at the £1.5 mill for the rest looks very about right.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
You could buy virtually the whole of Aberllefenni, for sale now on Rightmove, and have £1m left over to shove in your arse pocket.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What do you think?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40719792.html

Bit of a weird thread to start, I grant you, but I'm just a bit confused by the price of this property. Ok, it's right next to the Red Lion, but still.

When i saw this i knew this wasn't the property for me:
Mortgage repayment calculator
Quickly estimate your mortgage payments with our handy calculator.
Property price
£2.500.000
Deposit
£250.000
Annual interest
4.15%
Repayment period
25 years
Monthly repayment
£12,064

I mean, if they are selling houses in this area and the buyers need to take out a mortgage, they are definitely the wrong type of neighbours to have

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When i saw this i knew this wasn't the property for me:
Mortgage repayment calculator
Quickly estimate your mortgage payments with our handy calculator.
Property price
£2.500.000
Deposit
£250.000
Annual interest
4.15%
Repayment period
25 years
Monthly repayment
£12,064
I'm starting to feel the same. It's just going to eat into our lifestyle more than I feel comfortable with.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm starting to feel the same. It's just going to eat into our lifestyle more than I feel comfortable with.

Don't worry, the way all house prices are going atm, it won't be long before that's the normal mortgage repayments for a bedsit in the worst area of the least desirable town to live in

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Ridiculous price. You could buy a footballer's paradise in Alderley Edge, Cheshire for that much. Just cos its opposite a bloody pond and in a 'village'. Some people get very carried away with themselves. I can see why the place in Cuckfield would be priced at £2.5m.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I hate Lindfield.

Lovely historic buildings but full of up-themselves upper middle class Tory tossers pretending it's still a village rather than the posh end of Haywards Heath.

I like Lindfield
plenty of fond memories drinking underage at The Bent Arms

Gerry Ryan gave it a thumbs up,who would disagree with a legend.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Or- for a hundred grand less (one has to watch those pennies of course)- this seven bedroom manor house in Lingfield.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36974175.html

I was just to PayPal them over the money until I saw the WORST ROOM in the history of houses:

image.jpeg

One supposes one could make that into the servants quarters.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hate Lindfield.

i agree it's just like Cuckfield a suburb of Haywards Heath as they both didint want a railway.:rolleyes::nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That will never sell for £2.5m. £1.5m max I'd say.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know the person who's made the offer.
I may be too cautious, and it might be a long shot for another buyer to be see this thread, but I wouldn't think the offer should be made public. Like I say, I'm probably just too cautious.

The offer has not been accepted (yet?).
Yet :lol: Hasn't it been point blank refused? I know £2.5m is a bit steep, but looking at what else is available in the area, £1.4m is a bit low IMO.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I grew up in Lindfield. Back in the 1980's/early 90's the village policeman lived in that [or the house the other side] the Red Lion.

Can you imagine a police officer being able to afford such a property now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I grew up in Lindfield. Back in the 1980's/early 90's the village policeman lived in that [or the house the other side] the Red Lion.

Can you imagine a police officer being able to afford such a property now.
Yes, Edna seems quite flush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here