Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Who's Our Next Manager?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Howe left Bournemouth once already and didn't achieve anything. He's probably one of those people who's just the ideal fit for a particular team. I can't say he'd inspire me.
I know what you are saying, but we are in a much better position than Burnley. Judging by the failings of recent relagated premership sides, the job he did at Burnley is not looking too shabby. I think its hard to judge the likes of Ferguson and Howe on how they did at other clubs, without looking closer on what they had to work with.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
In that case then you could agrue that Man Utd and Norwich are not that much difference in size, as they are both in the same league. I think we'll put this one down to agree to disagree.

Ok but I am right. Howe would not come here but he might be tempted by Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U ect, ....wouldn't want him anyway. We need someone mahoooosive to manage a mahooosive club ha ha cheers

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think Tony knew that the writing was on the wall re Gus, who's to say that he does not have a ready replacement just waiting in the wings.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What you have to look at with both of them is how they did when they left their current clubs. Neither did well. Eddie Howes is far too green and inexperienced for our job to be honest. It's a big season for him, but I can't imagine TB taking such a gamble.

Dennis Bergkamp currently assistant at Ajax

Good one. Assisted by Roland Bergkamp, who knows the Albion inside out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mourinho? Not sure if it's been mentioned but no stranger that a 3rd div club employing a man who at his last club had won the equivalent of the premiership!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Solskjaer would be interesting. Young manager quietly making a good name for himself, doesn't seem to make foolish statements in the media, has a good footballing pedigree, ought to work well with continental players and should be good with strikers. He might fancy an opportunity managing in English footie - but don't know what style of football he goes for?

or maybe Tony Bloom will be a bit more conservative with his next appointment? Having had his fingers burned by Poyet he might opt for a safer pair of hands like a Kenny Jackett or maybe Chris Powell? Might not get the juices going but will quietly get on with the job and appreciate the environment that Bloom has created.

I wouldn't mind betting there are a few decent managers out there thinking what a tosser Poyet is for not appreciating what he has here and would jump at the chance of the manager's job.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I have thought for a long time now that Alan Curbishley has been waiting for this job to come up.

1.Done wonders at Charlton, who went into freefall when he left.
2. Got experience with building up an academy.
3. Done a fair job at West Ham.
4. Ex player who played over 100 games for the Albion.
5. Will know the history of the club and where we have come from and what we have been though.

As someone said on the radio today, football is a simple game over complicated by coaches who think they are clever. Barber saw off Poyet at Spurs and got Redknapp in, I see Curbishley as a very similar appointment. True he has been out of the game for a few years but a long period of that was while he was taking West Ham to court and couldn't work.
My choice as well....

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Howe didn't do well in 2nd job.

Fergie Jnr was only sub-mediocre because of free loans that won't come from daddy anymore. He thus drops to 'pile of turd'.

Tim Sherwood would be interesting, Solskjaer not sure.

Platt could do one, was horrible in other jobs.

Neville brothers are muppets.

Actually think Stuart Pearce could attract some good players here and might have learnt a lot last few years. But wouldn't choose him.

McClaren might be a goer.

Flair Spanish signing like Luis Enrique would be great. I can't think of the guy who popped into my head though!

Something above should make me look stupid in a couple of weeks!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Steve McLaren for me. Proper English manager, with Champions League, International and Championship experience behind him.

Admittedly, none of them were good experiences. But he's due to do well soon.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Marcelo Biesla wod be my choice. Pity i am dreaming.

Solskjaer would be interesting. Young wxciting manager who seems to have a lot if respect and gives a lot back. Well spoken and maybe could teach us to finish. Ferguson nor Sherwood fill me with great excitment.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Much as I'd love solskjaer, can't see it happening - reports were he turned down villa last year as his family are settled in norway. Uwe rossler would be a similar but more realistic option IMO, and there's plenty of good young German talent for us to start hoovering up if TBs getting tired of all the Latin temperaments...

oleoleolevicente

Jan 16, 2013
Best manager that is linked? Benitez but it would be impossible to get him. He's in the top 5 managers in the world and would definitely promote us. I'd really like to see Solskjaer to be honest, Very good young manager that's doing a brilliant job at Molde and was also linked to the United job.

How difficult would it be though, finding a manager that is as good as Gus and is willing to manage us especially with that horrendos budget we're supposed to have.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Solskjaer is my favourite - earned spurs at Molde, intelligent (as is Gus) and this would be ideal stepping stone if he is ambitious to move on upwards. But if he likes the snow and the skiing then it's a no goer. Instinctively I think Bloom will avoid the archetypal English style manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here