Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Who's Our Next Manager?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Seriously kin Sherwood or Pob Ferguson !! WTF ???
Pair of utter bells

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I believe Uwe Rosler's contract is up this summer?

Only seen that he signed a 2 year contract in 2011, apologies if wrong...

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have thought for a long time now that Alan Curbishley has been waiting for this job to come up.

1.Done wonders at Charlton, who went into freefall when he left.
2. Got experience with building up an academy.
3. Done a fair job at West Ham.
4. Ex player who played over 100 games for the Albion.
5. Will know the history of the club and where we have come from and what we have been though.

As someone said on the radio today, football is a simple game over complicated by coaches who think they are clever. Barber saw off Poyet at Spurs and got Redknapp in, I see Curbishley as a very similar appointment. True he has been out of the game for a few years but a long period of that was while he was taking West Ham to court and couldn't work.

This with bells on it, the only sensible choice in my opinion.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This with bells on it, the only sensible choice in my opinion.

I have thought for a long time now that Alan Curbishley has been waiting for this job to come up.

1.Done wonders at Charlton, who went into freefall when he left.
2. Got experience with building up an academy.
3. Done a fair job at West Ham.
4. Ex player who played over 100 games for the Albion.
5. Will know the history of the club and where we have come from and what we have been though.

As someone said on the radio today, football is a simple game over complicated by coaches who think they are clever. Barber saw off Poyet at Spurs and got Redknapp in, I see Curbishley as a very similar appointment. True he has been out of the game for a few years but a long period of that was while he was taking West Ham to court and couldn't work.

6. Hasn't had a job since leaving West Ham in 2008. :nono:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
DK said that he used to receive over 50 genuine applications whenever the manager's job became available at The Albion. We will be inundated with applications from quality people so TB is going to be spoiled for choice. No worries from me about this club's future.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This, with big shiny bells on. Knows the division, knows how to get OUT of the division, and I think his style of football might actually suit us.

Have you actually seen his teams lately? He probably would get us out of this division but I don't to watch League 1 football ever again thank you very much.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I'd take Paulo Sousa. Ignoring what he did at Leicester (as he tried to create a style and challenge in one season) what he did at Swansea in continuing what was already in place was excellent.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd take Paulo Sousa. Ignoring what he did at Leicester (as he tried to create a style and challenge in one season) what he did at Swansea in continuing what was already in place was excellent.

Managerial record doesn't look great overall though. Even at Swansea his win percentage was only in the mid-30s and he flopped at QPR and Leicester. Compare that to Karl Robinson who's one of the best statistically outside of the top two divisions... 46% ish and over a long period.

Surprised nobody's mooting a return for Coppell, who knows what it takes. For all the talk of RDM's etc, it'll surely be someone more in the Kenny Jackett mould unless we take a flier on someone like Phil Neville or have researched a foreigner relatively unknown here. I'm preparing to be underwhelmed by the news but then pleasantly surprised by the results.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If we are going for experience with a continuation of a passing style, then it's Curbishly for me. If not, then Uwe Rosler. He was also at Molde in Norway, where he saved them from relegation. He's ambitious, got good contacts with his previous employer, Man City, so we could get some decent loan signings in. I don't think that he would cost that much either in terms of compensation to Brentford where he's done a great job. Only issue with Rosler would be that his family are based in the North West and I think that ultimately he wants a job back there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here