Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, who is leaving this summer?

Who is likely to leave this summer?

• Nobody!

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Mac Allister

Votes: 85 39.9%
  • Caicedo

Votes: 21 9.9%
  • RDZ

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mitoma

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Two or more of Mac Allister Caicedo, RDZ and Mitoma are likely to leave this summer.

Votes: 76 35.7%

• Total voters

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If we make Europe everyone will stay barring Alexis IMO. His dad is salivating over another move and money money money so he's definitely gone.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Being able to offer some European football will be key to holding onto our players.

I'm not ruling out that we can keep everyone we want to, but this summer will be a rough ride.

As ever if the player is desperate to go, (and by that I don't mean his agent / dad is eyeing a massive pay day) and we get a very decent bid, let's move them on, always remembering that if we're selling to a club we think we can overhaul, ie everyone in the PL except City, we charge a significant premium.

The other unknown in this is RDZ attitude. Is he as sanguine as GP was about losing his best players? Maybe he buys into that business model, maybe like most managers, he'll kick off if we're looking like selling 2 or 3 of our stars without replacing. We'd surely factor this in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we make Europe everyone will stay barring Alexis IMO. His dad is salivating over another move and money money money so he's definitely gone.
I suspect, Mac’s new pre-WC contract has the clauses in to give the Mac Dad the confidence to discuss a departure.

On the plus size, Daddy Mac seems to be drumming up somewhat of a bidding process as he criss crosses the Country courting the big six. This is exactly what we want if his son is to jump ships.

Mac will leave with my blessing this summer, because his new contract means we’ll be able to extract maximum value plus we have enough play making midfielders to take his place (Buenonotte, Lallana, Groß, Moder, Gilmour, Ayari, Alzate etc).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caicedo definitely leaves.

MacAllister could be convinced to stay because I do think he has an affection for us, but would have to be top 4 finish and that’s unlikely.

None of the others, subject to the caveat of someone bidding absolutely ridiculous money for someone. And I mean genuinely ridiculous.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Caicedo definitely leaves.

MacAllister could be convinced to stay because I do think he has an affection for us, but would have to be top 4 finish and that’s unlikely.

None of the others, subject to the caveat of someone bidding absolutely ridiculous money for someone. And I mean genuinely ridiculous.
I think Caicedo stays.

It does not suit us to sell him currently although that could change in the summer.

Forget the money, in the end, the squad needs are what matters to Tony. Moises has a long contract now, Tony holds ALL the cards. Until his replacement is sorted (either signed or highly likely to be signed like the Pervis situation), he stays. And that replacement is going to have to be one heck of a footballer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Currently, Brighton is a very fun to watch club and Brighton's football keeps giving me a joy every week.

Japanese is my first language, and I often read articles that Japanese football media write and issue. Brighton is big among Japanese football fans and a lot of Japanese football media are writing articles about Brighton. I often read "Mac Allister is likely to leave this summer" and "Caicedo is likely to leave this summer". Some media even say "RDZ and Mitoma might leave this summer". I want all to stay in Brighton. I don't often read articles written in English, so I don't know who is actually likely to leave this summer.
English journalists have no more insight into our club’s transfer policy than Japanese journalists. You would need to ask Tony. I’ve been supporting the club for 47 years and I wholeheartedly agree with you about the joy of the current team. Exits are being well managed at the moment as are successors. Maybe this will continue ? Are there any more like Kaoru at home ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Being able to offer some European football will be key to holding onto our players.

I'm not ruling out that we can keep everyone we want to, but this summer will be a rough ride.

As ever if the player is desperate to go, (and by that I don't mean his agent / dad is eyeing a massive pay day) and we get a very decent bid, let's move them on, always remembering that if we're selling to a club we think we can overhaul, ie everyone in the PL except City, we charge a significant premium.

The other unknown in this is RDZ attitude. Is he as sanguine as GP was about losing his best players?
Maybe he buys into that business model, maybe like most managers, he'll kick off if we're looking like selling 2 or 3 of our stars without replacing. We'd surely factor this in
RDZ was happy to lose our top goal-scorer in January!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Thing is, Mitoma is 26-years-old when this season ends - time isn't on his side.
one more year isn’t going to be the end of the world. we are really going to struggle to hold on to Mac and Caicedo, but if those two go then that’s really where it has to end for me. will be very disappointed if we sell anymore than that

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
RDZ was happy to lose our top goal-scorer in January!
Who he wanted gone.

Just say, we'd sold Mitoma and MacAllister and he was being sounded out about accepting bids for Caicedo, would he be happy with that? To the point, he would leave? was what I was asking.

To me it's an unknown

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
We’ll finish in the top 4 and everyone will stay!

But if that doesn’t happen then who we lose will really depend on what bids come in. Will Arsenal return for Caicedo or will they prioritise Rice? Where’s Bellingham going? That club is unlikely to also come for Mac or Caicedo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It will be tough to hang on to everybody. Even tougher if we don't make the CL (thank you Attwell and VAR). We've already turned down something like £70M for Caicedo (and I suspect all his starving siblings back in Ecuador aren't getting any less hungry! :lolol: ) so fully exxpect bids to be made for several of our players.

I think, though, that losing one (for an eye-watering fee) may actually be part of the sustainability and development plan. If that happens, I hope they go to a proper club, not to some over-rated over-hyped dross like Spurs or Chelsea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who he wanted gone.
Well yes, we know that - it just showed that he's not afraid to lose a star player without immediately demanding a big spend on a replacement.
Just say, we'd sold Mitoma and MacAllister and he was being sounded out about accepting bids for Caicedo, would he be happy with that? To the point, he would leave? was what I was asking.
I can't see that happening - that would be tantamount to a complete clear-out. Can't see TB and PB letting it get to that stage. Heels would be dug in as per Caicedo in January.
To me it's an unknown
You, me and everybody else!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Speaking of Mitoma,

I do think Mitoma is happy to keep playing for Brighton as long as RDZ staying in Brighton. I also want Mitoma to keep playing for Brighton till 32 years old (I guess he'll be good enough for Brighton for 7 more seasons). However, Japan is not a very big football country like Argentina and Brazil are. I mean, if Japan were a very big football country and a lot of Japanese were playing for mega clubs like Manchester U, Manchester City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc already, Japanese football media wouldn't insist Mitoma should move to a "bigger club". I guess they want to see Mitoma wearing a shirt of a mega club because we rarely see it happen (it = a Japanese footballer playing for an European top club).

I want Mitoma to play in the best league. EPL is the very best league or the second best league after UEFA Champions League. Brighton is in the best league = EPL. Plus, seeing thrifty beautiful clubs like Brighton defeating extravagant filthy clubs like Chelsea is very fun. So, for me, Mitoma playing for Brighton and Brighton with Mitoma defeating clubs like Chelsea and Man C is the very best. So, I want Mitoma to keep playing for Brighton. One thing to add is, I want to see Brighton playing in Champions League!
So do we Mt Fuji, so do we!
For me, there is a still a chance of the Top four, as Tottenham are useless, Newcastle faltering and Utd have injuries.

As for next season, I think that Caicedo and Mac Allister will leave, the wages on offer for them will be huge. Mitoma too probably, especially if (and probably when), a big contract offer comes in.

I think that De Zerbi will be here next season, and we will be even better than this one.

Following Brighton and Hove Albion is never dull!

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Caicedo and Mac will go. Caicedo a lot harder to replace - we dont have anyone ready made to replace a strong ball winner like him.

Im sure management will have an eye on a potential replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here