Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, who is leaving this summer?

Who is likely to leave this summer?

• Nobody!

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Mac Allister

Votes: 85 39.9%
  • Caicedo

Votes: 21 9.9%
  • RDZ

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mitoma

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Two or more of Mac Allister Caicedo, RDZ and Mitoma are likely to leave this summer.

Votes: 76 35.7%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not so sure City will want to break the bank for Mitoma when: they've already spent £100m on Grealish; Grealish plays in the same position as Mitoma; and Grealish is in the form of his life and one of the Pep's first picks. They also have Foden as a back-up.
Agreed.

They’re putting all their transfer eggs, £132m, in a battle with Real for Jude Bellingham.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
With Enciso, Sarmiento, Ayari & Buonanotte in the squad I think MacAllister is likely to have suitable replacements ready sooner than Caicedo. But the longer we keep hold of such talented players the more of a statement we make about why others should choose to join us

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With Enciso, Sarmiento, Ayari & Buonanotte in the squad I think MacAllister is likely to have suitable replacements ready sooner than Caicedo. But the longer we keep hold of such talented players the more of a statement we make about why others should choose to join us
We have Alzate and Kozlowski out on loan that I have hopes for coming back too, plus who knows what targets for the summer.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
I think Mac will go and he’s probably the one we can replace the easiest so I’d take that. Would hope we can keep Moises one more season, live watching him play and will be gutted when he does inevitably move on

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It sounds absolutely ridiculous to say, but if the Albion have to lose one of our central midfielders, for me it's our world cup winner :oops:

*edit* although I can't help thinking that if everyone gave it another 12 months, this

arrow_down.png

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I hope none will leave as based on this season's form, it is not inconceivable that we may be able to "do a Leicester" in the 23/24 season.

I don't remember being humbled by any team so far this year (not even City or Arsenal) and if the squad remains intact, there is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for the main prize playing the amazing football that we do currently.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Speaking of Mac Allister, I hope Cucurella's case will make Mac Allister decide to keep playing for Brighton next season as well. Cucurella was not given a playing time at all against Brighton last weekend. Chelsea won't be able to play in Europe next season. Cucurella have lost something important as a footballer since he left Brighton. I'd say it's not very easy for Mac Allister to find a club better than Brighton.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
We're getting annoyed now, apparently.

"Because as good as Mac Allister is – and he is good – he isn’t worth anything like that figure."

Good luck paying less than £70m for a 24 year old WC winner with a newly signed contract.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
"Because as good as Mac Allister is – and he is good – he isn’t worth anything like that figure."

Good luck paying less than £70m for a 24 year old WC winner with a newly signed contract.
Reading that made me laugh. There’s going to be some disappointed Liverpool fans if they’re banking on us dramatically reducing the fee we want.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i would be staggered if both Mac and Moises are here sadly.

We will be shopping for a couple of centre mids

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

What makes me laugh about these nonsense entitled articles is that in some way what we paid for the player has any impact on our valuation. The clowns who write this nonsense never learn do they

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Reading that made me laugh. There’s going to be some disappointed Liverpool fans if they’re banking on us dramatically reducing the fee we want.
I do quite like the notion that they’ve realised they have been proceed out of buying Bellingham so now they’ve decided they can come to us and pick up world class players on the cheap.

Their fans entitlement will turn to anger over the summer, just as Leeds and Arsenal fans did.

Come back when the number has 9 digits in it scousers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It is entirely possible all the big guns will stay.
Mac says he’s happy unless there’s a great offer (which may not be forthcoming).
Caicedo is on a long contract. Tony may not budge.
Mitoma doesn’t seem the type to push hard for a transfer.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

"I know there's a lot of talk and I think it's normal after winning the World Cup. Already, in the January market, there was a lot of talk, but I'm very calm. I focus on playing, on training every day, on continuing to improve.

"Like I said, I have a lot of respect for Brighton. I respect this club a lot because I am very grateful.

"Later in the summer, we'll see. If an offer arrives that could be good for the club and for me, we will sit down and talk. If not, I will continue to be very happy at this club."

The only club annoyed at that will be Liverpool. What a tosh article.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think the talks with De Zerbi in June about next season will be telling in who goes.

I think we will sell someone, could be anyone of Sanchez/Mitoma/MacAllister/Caicedo but I know we won't sell until we have a) our valuation is met and b) we have a replacement.

We will also have to buy, I think it's obvious we need another striker and send Undav out on loan/sell. Also need a new RB, hopefully a RB version of Estupinan as Veltman is great but he's not getting any younger and I don't think Lamptey will become a top class RB.

There is going to be ALOT of rumours on twitter and back pages about our players leaving this summer, I know some of you don't like him but until Naylor says there are bids etc, take everything else with a pinch of salt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mac says he’s happy unless there’s a great offer (which may not be forthcoming).
lets be realistic. Caicedo practically had a deal done in January and MacAlister's father has been touting a move. valuations for these two will be met, as they are that good.

up side, we'll have a large fund to buy others for those and other positions, while bringing through wealth of talent. looking forward to seeing Alcatz return as a cultured midfielder.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’m less focussed on what they say publicly as this is a highly unreliable guide to a footballers true intention.

I’m hopeful, like you are, that we will keep our midfield stars at the Amex, but the reason is that I think there are very few clubs who can pay the eye watering fees which TB will calculate that it’s worth it to sell them.

There are probably only 4 or 5 clubs in the world we need to be concerned about, and those will either be looking at other higher profile midfielders as well or are looking to spend the majority of their budget in other positions.

I’ve also got an opinion that mega clubs will be a bit spooked by a FFP case being built against City and Chelsea spending hugely and getting worse and this will have the effect of cooling the transfer market, from absolutely ridiculous, back down to ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here