Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So, who is leaving this summer?

Who is likely to leave this summer?

• Nobody!

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Mac Allister

Votes: 85 39.9%
  • Caicedo

Votes: 21 9.9%
  • RDZ

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Mitoma

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Two or more of Mac Allister Caicedo, RDZ and Mitoma are likely to leave this summer.

Votes: 76 35.7%

• Total voters

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It will be tough to hang on to everybody. Even tougher if we don't make the CL (thank you Attwell and VAR). We've already turned down something like £70M for Caicedo (and I suspect all his starving siblings back in Ecuador aren't getting any less hungry! :lolol: ) so fully exxpect bids to be made for several of our players.

I think, though, that losing one (for an eye-watering fee) may actually be part of the sustainability and development plan. If that happens, I hope they go to a proper club, not to some over-rated over-hyped dross like Spurs or Chelsea.
I suspect that Caicedo is out of the price range of Liverpool (see Bellingham pull out), Spuds and Arsenal. Chelsea will have FFP barriers so I can’t see them splashing the cash. It’s then the Manchester clubs, Newcastle or abroad to somewhere like PSG.

Manure would be the one I’d worry about as he is an upgrade on all their midfielders. Stick him next to Casemiro and Manure challenge for everything next year. Hopefully, their ongoing sale saga severely restricts their transfer business this summer.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
You did well not to read British media. They all suggest everyone is off to Arsenal, even RDZ. Everyone is off to Man U, except RDZ. Most of them are off to Spurs, including RDZ. Everyone is off to Chelsea including RDZ. Most of our players are off to Newcastle. Some of our players are off to Man City, RDZ is off to Italy. Ferguson (seen as Kane's replacement), Sanchez and Gilmore (always Rangers) are often in the mix. It is mostly stated as fact and figures are plucked out of their arses and start with - Brighton are willing to let (name of player) go for as little/much as £(random amount of money). It's all very boring.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suspect that Caicedo is out of the price range of Liverpool (see Bellingham pull out), Spuds and Arsenal. Chelsea will have FFP barriers so I can’t see them splashing the cash. It’s then the Manchester clubs, Newcastle or abroad to somewhere like PSG.

Manure would be the one I’d worry about as he is an upgrade on all their midfielders. Stick him next to Casemiro and Manure challenge for everything next year. Hopefully, their ongoing sale saga severely restricts their transfer business this summer.
Not sure about Arsenal there. They were willing to pay £70M for Caicedo in January - and while £70M wasn't enough in January, it may be a different story come the end of the season if Caicedo really wants to move on (and if the plan is to sell one each summer, and Caicedo is the one we decide to be that one).

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Brighton are willing to let (name of player) go for as little/much as £(random amount of money). It's all very boring.
haha -as if they could even guess the price at which TB blinks! I'll give you a clue - he has no price in mind - he waits to see how much you're daft enough to offer, and before you know it, there's a handshake and suddenly you've talked yourself into paying 15/60 million for Maupay/Cucu.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think De Zerbi stays, unless Liverpool want to push Klopp out. I think Mitoma stays, unless Man City make a big offer, I think Caicedo will go to Arsenal and Mac Allister will go to Man Utd.

Only other factor for De Zerbi possibly leaving, is if he feels the club are not giving him a squad he can compete with. i.e. selling key players without replacement with quality alternatives. I can see TB offering an improved contract for De Zerbi if we get CL football, or even Europa League.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Absolutely no idea. Sure players and managers might earn more cash. Extremely unlikely they’d work in a better structure. If this entire squad and coaching staff stuck around they just might win the f***ing PL.
I honestly believe this. If we can keep this squad, manager and a couple of new additions I cannot see why we cannot push for the title.

Before this season started I believed we could get top 4 and put money on it ( I think too much to do now ) but imagine a whole season playing like this under De Zerbi.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Caicedo. Think Alexis will stay but if he does go then I don't think we'll miss him as much as we think.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Keep the band together (and add a few such as left back cover) + RDZ pre season and top 4 will be in the mix.
I don’t see the club agreeing to sell Mac and Moises in one window unless the offers are ridiculous
If we already have the replacements, and they are ready then we will sell for the right price.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The one i would be gutted to lose would be Mitoma. Players like him do not turn up very often.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Unfortunately the bottom line is the weekly wage, Tony has set his stall out and should be commended for that, but at some point there will there come a time where the Albion will have to ‘join the circus’ when it comes to paying players?

With European football, possibly even CL, what would we have to pay Alexis or Moises per week to stay?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I expect Caicedo and Mac Allister to both leave this summer. Would rather Mac leave out of the two if only one.
I think we'll lose both too, with one potential caveat.
The noises around Mac and the club indicate that he'll go this summer. City are his most likely destination.
Caicedo made it quite clear in January that he sees his future elsewhere. I also think he'll go in the summer. RdZ has said as much on multiple occasions. The caveat is that, if we make the CL, Moises will stay for another season. Listen to the interview he did on signing his contract, about the only thing he says is CL. This makes the officiating at Spurs all the more infuriating.
Would be very surprised if we lost either Mitoma or RdZ in the summer though and, if we do lose Mac and Moises, I think we'll spend a fair sum of money, even more if we're playing European football.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think De Zerbi stays, unless Liverpool want to push Klopp out. I think Mitoma stays, unless Man City make a big offer, I think Caicedo will go to Arsenal and Mac Allister will go to Man Utd.

Only other factor for De Zerbi possibly leaving, is if he feels the club are not giving him a squad he can compete with. i.e. selling key players without replacement with quality alternatives. I can see TB offering an improved contract for De Zerbi if we get CL football, or even Europa League.
Not so sure City will want to break the bank for Mitoma when: they've already spent £100m on Grealish; Grealish plays in the same position as Mitoma; and Grealish is in the form of his life and one of the Pep's first picks. They also have Foden as a back-up.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ally Macs dad has said he expects his son will be playing for a different team in the summer. As long as the money is right, I think that's acceptable for the club.
It seems being part of Argentina's World Cup win adds maybe an extra 20M to any bidding club, and to be honest some of the chances he has missed in recent games, maybe he will not be missed that much with the players we have who are coming through in that position.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think we'll lose both too, with one potential caveat.
The noises around Mac and the club indicate that he'll go this summer. City are his most likely destination.
Caicedo made it quite clear in January that he sees his future elsewhere. I also think he'll go in the summer. RdZ has said as much on multiple occasions. The caveat is that, if we make the CL, Moises will stay for another season. Listen to the interview he did on signing his contract, about the only thing he says is CL. This makes the officiating at Spurs all the more infuriating.
Would be very surprised if we lost either Mitoma or RdZ in the summer though and, if we do lose Mac and Moises, I think we'll spend a fair sum of money, even more if we're playing European football.
Sadly agree.

I think RdZ would only go to one of the big Italian teams, but think he’ll be loyal for a bit longer.

Have no idea how you replace Caicedo with only one player, as he generally does two players jobs.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sadly agree.

I think RdZ would only go to one of the big Italian teams, but think he’ll be loyal for a bit longer.

Have no idea how you replace Caicedo with only one player, as he generally do two players jobs.
Many years ago in the Gillingham years we had defender Glenn Thomas who used to do the work of two men, Laurel and Hardy 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here