[Albion] So, what’s your Albion mojo?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
0/10.

What is particularly pissing me off is that Chelsea can just step in and ruin potentially our best-ever season. I've always hated them, even more now. And everything I've read tonight makes it seem like Potter is super-keen to leave and isn't even giving it any thought. I guess we were always just a stepping stone ,but it would have been amazing if he could have committed to have stayed with us until the end of the season to see if he could have got us into Europe. Surely there must be a feeling of leaving a job half-completed? Seems not.

Good luck and good riddance.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But I guess am somewhat optimistic, the recruitment team have been on fire the past 2-3 years and hopefully they will continue to supply the bullets to whoever we get

Just read a report saying he wants to take our head of recruitment with him.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"There are clubs out there that have spent a lot of money - we’re talking hundreds of millions - but haven’t quite got it right."

“It can’t just be about how much money you spend. That would be quite depressing, and eventually people would fall out of love with football if that was the case.

“You always have to provide something beyond that for it to be of any interest or any importance. If it’s just a transaction, if it’s just about money, and everyone’s league table is determined by that, then clearly we’re not understanding football.”

Gary Megson, 2001

Lukaku- £95m
Fofana- £75m
Havertz- £70m
Kepa- £70m
Cucurella- £62m
Pulisic- £60m
Chilwell- £50m
Sterling- £50m
Jorginho- £50m
Kovacic- £40m
Koulibaly- £35m
Ziyech- £33m
Kante- £30m
Mendy- £22m

Last edited:

Lol well that ain’t great obviously Kev but I do think it’s the case that whoever comes in here now will have an easier job taking over from Potter given the decent squad we have built than when Potter took over from Hughton, whose squad was mostly past it

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't think Potter is replaceable. Is this where it all unravels? Extremely worrying times. The only glimour of hope I cling to is Bloom pulling another masterstroke out of nowhere again.

We will appoint someone to Make Albion Great Again, and you can wear your silly red hat, and really be British and Proud.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"There are clubs out there that have spent a lot of money - we’re talking hundreds of millions - but haven’t quite got it right."

“It can’t just be about how much money you spend. That would be quite depressing, and eventually people would fall out of love with football if that was the case.

“You always have to provide something beyond that for it to be of any interest or any importance. If it’s just a transaction, if it’s just about money, and everyone’s league table is determined by that, then clearly we’re not understanding football.”

Gary Megson, 2001

Lukaku- £95m
Fofana- £75m
Havertz- £70m
Kepa- £70m
Cucurella- £62m
Pulisic- £60m
Chilwell- £50m
Sterling- £50m
Jorginho- £50m
Kovacic- £40m
Koulibaly- £35m
Ziyech- £33m
Kante- £30m
Mendy- £22m

Why have you got Potters quote from a few weeks ago and Gary Megson, 2001?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Annoyed we've lost him to a contemptible club (and fanbase) like Chelsea.
Annoyed with him for going to Chelsea (showing he isn't quite as Zen and Mr Miyagi as he make$ out).
Would rather he left us for a better club and better timing.

However, being a fan of Brighton is always a rollercoaster so other than this annoyance.... is isn't such a biggie. Another new chapter.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Annoyed we've lost him to a contemptible club (and fanbase) like Chelsea.
Annoyed with him for going to Chelsea (showing he isn't quite as Zen and Mr Miyagi as he make$ out).
Would rather he left us for a better club and better timing.

ha

However, being a fan of Brighton is always a rollercoaster so other than this annoyance.... is isn't such a biggie. Another new chapter.

has he actually gone..?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't think Potter is replaceable. Is this where it all unravels? Extremely worrying times. The only glimour of hope I cling to is Bloom pulling another masterstroke out of nowhere again.

You wanted potter sacked few months ago, what a goon you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hughton gave us the best football I'd seen at the club (only a jcl since '87) and I also admired him as a person, but we were struggling and I believed the club were replacing him because we could achieve more with a different manager. They were right, and we have. That's not the case this time around. Our next manager will probably be a downgrade, and even if they're not, it will take time before we're at this level again.

I didn’t but apparently was wrong.

Feel really fed up about this…..

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My mojo is fine... if I’m one of the players I’d back myself to shine, with a WC round the corner none of our fringe or full internationals will back off ... management in nine tenths about player commitment - something GP engendered from the group ... but timings wise, well I reckon our players will keep shining the trick will be finding a manager who continues to try and play to their strengths... but I’m sure TB et al will be acutely aware of this.

He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.

I said elsewhere, it’s a shame but that’s where we are... unless we fluke a top 6 finish, and conversely by finishing in the top 10, we’re always going to be poached and robbed of our prime assets.

Hey ho... onward.

(If indeed he goes)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It’s dipped a bit, but it will always go up and down. Even without a manager this club is in the best position it has ever been in it’s entire history. Think about that.

Bloom and Barber will find us another Potter, they will already know exactly who to talk to, and will presumably already be talking to them.

We’ll be fine.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Zero. Have always hated Chelsea but they really are a horrible club. If Potter goes then I hope he and Chelsea fail big time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and even Newcastle with an entire country behind them will struggle to break the Top 6 dominance.
I agree with what you wrote up to that point - Newcastle have the money to reject the bids that we accept. Unlike us, they can offer their manager a limitless budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports