[Albion] So, what’s your Albion mojo?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now as low as it’s been since Hughton’s last season. Quite a drop from a 10 yesterday. It’s really shit.

I absolutely love watching us play and having Potter as our manager. It’s been quite consuming watching how he has developed us and as others have said, it’s been such an enjoyable relief from the shit going on over the last few years.

I think he’s the best manager in this country after Pep and to be honest, there’s not much better in the rest of the world. I know all the stuff about how well we’re run and our succession planning but I honestly think Potter is irreplaceable. I look at the list of next managers and feel totally deflated, I can only see us going backwards now.

Might seem over the top to some but that’s just how I feel, totally depressed about it. Doesn’t help when I saw how upset my boys got when they heard the news earlier. The innocence of youth means money is nothing to them and they just can’t understand why anyone would ever want to leave the Albion!

Fantastic post, from an otherwise always positive person!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Now as low as it’s been since Hughton’s last season. Quite a drop from a 10 yesterday. It’s really shit.

I absolutely love watching us play and having Potter as our manager. It’s been quite consuming watching how he has developed us and as others have said, it’s been such an enjoyable relief from the shit going on over the last few years.

I think he’s the best manager in this country after Pep and to be honest, there’s not much better in the rest of the world. I know all the stuff about how well we’re run and our succession planning but I honestly think Potter is irreplaceable. I look at the list of next managers and feel totally deflated, I can only see us going backwards now.

Might seem over the top to some but that’s just how I feel, totally depressed about it. Doesn’t help when I saw how upset my boys got when they heard the news earlier. The innocence of youth means money is nothing to them and they just can’t understand why anyone would ever want to leave the Albion!

Good post. I feel very flat, and somehow let down - although Potter & the club owe me nothing at all really. But, he might not go yet. If he is offered the job, and turns it down to stay here - my mojo will be something like 15.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good post. I feel very flat, and somehow let down - although Potter & the club owe me nothing at all really. But, he might not go yet. If he is offered the job, and turns it down to stay here - my mojo will be something like 15.

Let down by whom exactly ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4 as gutted as I was when Hughton left, fortunately his replacement took us another step forward.
Hughton gave us the best football I'd seen at the club (only a jcl since '87) and I also admired him as a person, but we were struggling and I believed the club were replacing him because we could achieve more with a different manager. They were right, and we have. That's not the case this time around. Our next manager will probably be a downgrade, and even if they're not, it will take time before we're at this level again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton gave us the best football I'd seen at the club (only a jcl since '87) and I also admired him as a person, but we were struggling and I believed the club were replacing him because we could achieve more with a different manager. They were right, and we have. That's not the case this time around. Our next manager will probably be a downgrade, and even if they're not, it will take time before we're at this level again.
Better football than Poyet ?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Very disappointing. Club has now in space of a year allowed the following to happen:

DOF gone to Newcastle...
Player of season x2 sold.
Best midfielder sold
Top scorer for 3 years sold
Dan Burn and others sold
all the while we have been very very slow in replacing or reinvesting in top quality players..

MAYBE just maybe GP has seen that we are nothing more than a feeder club and without proper support and backing he is never every going to get chance to show what he can do... Therefore Chelsea come in and OFF he goes....
All in all loads of outs and eventually we are fundamentally weaker. Potter has jumped ship and we are left looking around scratching our arses thinking what has happened?

Honestly think we might get in trouble this reason if we don't get this sorted quickly or others will quickly look to jump ship if the direction becomes unclear..

As for the Mojo it was good etc the other day, now it feels like a 1..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't think Potter is replaceable. Is this where it all unravels? Extremely worrying times. The only glimour of hope I cling to is Bloom pulling another masterstroke out of nowhere again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very disappointing. Club has now in space of a year allowed the following to happen:

DOF gone to Newcastle...
Best midfielder sold
Dan Burn and others sold
all the while we have been very very slow in replacing or reinvesting in top quality players..

MAYBE just maybe GP has seen that we are nothing more than a feeder club and without proper support and backing he is never every going to get chance to show what he can do... Therefore Chelsea come in and OFF he goes....
All in all loads of outs and eventually we are fundamentally weaker. Potter has jumped ship and we are left looking around scratching our arses thinking what has happened?

Honestly think we might get in trouble this reason if we don't get this sorted quickly or others will quickly look to jump ship if the direction becomes unclear..

You can also add to that list is our foreign talent not signing new contracts. Lots of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
MAYBE just maybe GP has seen that we are nothing more than a feeder club and without proper support and backing he is never every going to get chance to show what he can do.

Agree with most of what you say but GP always knew we'd let good players - and managers - go for the right price. That's the model. If he leaves, I don't think it's any reflection on Albion's approach at all, or even about the money in Potter's defence. It's a job and a career to a professional so the equation's pretty simple. Get a tilt at winning the Champions League which might not come round again. If it goes great, he could then manage any club in the world. If he gets sacked, there's a huge pay-off and any club of Albion's size would employ him the next day. Getting binned by a basket case club like Chelsea carries next to no risk of reputational damage.

If he resists all that, then he's an instant legend. Let's hope so as my mojo for the sport generally is about 0.5 at best right now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Better football than Poyet ?
Yes of course. I'm not taking into account the level of players at their disposal, simply how good we were at football. With Poyet we dominated League 1, with Hughton we dominated the Championship. We didn't do it with negative football, winning 1 nil, we battered teams.

New owners at chelsea was just the worst coincidence for us. I couldn't see Potter going to anyone but a rich established club like chelsea. I'm royally pissed off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

DOF gone to Newcastle...
Best midfielder sold
Dan Burn and others sold
What a load of crap.

We didn't 'allow' Ashworth to leave, we couldn't stop him.
Yes we sold our POS, but for good money
Maupay was no longer first choice, we want to aim higher
Burn also wasn't a first choice player, we didn't need him. You want us to never sell a player and have a squad of 50 players?
We've replaced Bissouma and don't need to replace Burn or Maupay.

Obviously clubs below the super rich are feeder clubs to an extent. Unless you're going to throw oil state billions at a club, that's the way it's going to be. And of course the best managers aren't going to be able to challenge for the title and CL at a club outside the big few, all managers know that.

The inevitable happened. You play well, and big clubs come for your talent.

There's nothing unclear about our direction, we've simply had a top manager poached.

My mojo has been stolen, but it's not the club's fault, it's just life at a smaller club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is something wrong with football when the same 6 teams continue to dominate year after year. It almost feels as though they've collectively learned a lesson from the Leicester title to look out for potential threats and nip them in the bud.

Leicester themselves are the only side to have broken into the top 6 since their title year, but the Top 6 have picked off the likes of Maguire, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Chilwell and Fofana since then and Leicester are broken now, and it would be a major surprise if the Big 6 didn't end up being the Top 6 again. If Leicester were to be relegated it would be symbolic, and even Newcastle with an entire country behind them will struggle to break the Top 6 dominance.

A staggering statistic is that the only current Premier League club outside of the Big 6 to win one of the 3 major domestic trophies IN THE LAST 26 YEARS (!) is Leicester.

So that's nothing at all for the "big" clubs like West Ham, Everton, Aston Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, Forest and Wolves. All of these clubs have spent a lot of money over recent years and got nothing to show for it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There should be a transfer window for managers. Why should our season be ruined because Chelsea sacked Tuchel? They shouldn't be able to appoint a manager mid-seadon who is under contract at another club. The whole idea of introducing transfer windows is that it prevented clubs facing disruption throughout the course of the season. What could be more disruptive than losing your manager?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Gone from 10 to zero pretty quick.

Sunday was just perfect. The little bit of jeopardy,
but ultimately overcoming losing our talismanic players again to produce the stunning, brutal KO, the beautiful weather in our beautiful stadium, the great atmosphere.. it was just all too good.

And now, yet another piece of our joy is going to be sold off to some little ***** that have never been to a game of football, let alone to watch the team they purport to 'support', and some yank prick who fancies making a few more bob.

Football really is ****ing shit. Graham Potter can ****ing do one after this. Making out he was 'different' and 'not motivated by money' when he was just after the right pay packet to land in his lap. Hope they treat you with the respect you deserve, mate.

Yeah I've been drinking, what of it?

Yes of course. I'm not taking into account the level of players at their disposal, simply how good we were at football. With Poyet we dominated League 1, with Hughton we dominated the Championship. We didn't do it with negative football, winning 1 nil, we battered teams.

New owners at chelsea was just the worst coincidence for us. I couldn't see Potter going to anyone but a rich established club like chelsea. I'm royally pissed off.

Yes I agree with all that, I see the Potter and Poyet styles as very similar.

But I guess am somewhat optimistic, the recruitment team have been on fire the past 2-3 years and hopefully they will continue to supply the bullets to whoever we get

This is the lowest I’ve felt since the semi final defeat to the scum. In fact, I’d have them
Do the double over us 6-0 over both fixtures this season, rather than Potter go. And that’s saying a lot for me. Just felt like we were really kicking on, it felt like this season we were going to do something very special. Now I’m worried. All that work, could be ended tomorrow. Mojo is 0/10 without a doubt.

Pretty pissed off, we have struggled for so long, at last got a decent team together on and off the pitch, seeing us play some great football with some real quality players, all about to go down the pan and we slide back into mediocrity. Instead of the top 4, the slide down the table to bottom 4, no doubt Chelski will be getting their filthy fingers on our best players, FFS! I am usually a glass half full person but this whole thing has ****ed me off big time, feeling very negative!

Yeah it looks scarily real that this will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports