Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think I've ever tutted anything in my life, but then I tend to file English well down my list of possible identities.
If I were there, I might aggressively roll my eyes at people getting het up over things that don't really matter.
Well that's very unpatriotic. You could at least fold your arms, shake your head, and say 'youngsters nowadays'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Currently sipping Pimms at Windsor Castle with Penny and Basil.
Well everyone has their own recipe, most prefer lemonade and strawberries

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely the club isn’t playing the national anthem before the game? There isn’t anything on the club website about it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely the club isn’t playing the national anthem before the game? There isn’t anything on the club website about it.
The Premier League "strongly suggested" it is played before all PL matches in this round.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Premier League "strongly suggested" it is played before all PL matches in this round.
I wonder what the uptake of this suggestion has been so far?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I thought we all loved the freedom of expression our country affords? I am not a republican, and favour the monarchy's continuance, however if anyone chooses to sing, boo or remain indifferent it is their right in a free country. Unless I've got it wrong and we are free to express our views only if it coincides with an 'acceptable' paradigm.

Indeed, imagine being such a snowflake that someone else’s opinion offends you so much you want to cancel them.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
At last a thread that dares to fans the flames of Republican and Unionist’s, there isn’t enough of them on this board, I just hope someone starts one titled ’Who watching the Coronation concert tonight’….
I was a bit surprised to learn that during the Civil War, Brighton supported King Charles (the first) and Hove was on Cromwell's side.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If somebody boos somebody else booing the anthem, how will anybody know they're not booing the anthem themselves?
And then somebody else could chip in, booing the second booer.
Total chaos.
In fact, that sort of chaos deserves a good boo.
Indeed. And what if the boo booing was mistaken for poo pooing?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I wonder what the uptake of this suggestion has been so far?
If the club intended to play the national anthem, they might well retrack from playing the national anthem after what happened with Liverpool as no one wants to hear a load of boos around the Amex before KO.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
If the club intended to play the national anthem, they might well retrack from playing the national anthem after what happened with Liverpool as no one wants to hear a load of boos around the Amex before KO.
Hope not, Newcastle fans put on a great show today, we shouldn't assume a large percentage of our supporters are as wanky as Liverpool or Celtic.

I live in hope that the vast majority of our supporter base haven’t got the same desperate need to show how edgy and different they are by booing our national anthem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here