Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I don't doubt they took the chance to stick it to the man. But don't let your prejudices run away with you Peter. I'm talking about Everton fans only, singing the same song they sang at every stadium, loudly, in huge numbers at the end of last season trying to prevent a historic relegation. I think that was their focus this time too. Not worrying about whether fretting middle Englanders might consider banning them from the Eurovision.

We could have done with the same focus.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I don't doubt they took the chance to stick it to the man. But don't let your prejudices run away with you Peter. I'm talking about Everton fans only, singing the same song they sang at every stadium, loudly, in huge numbers at the end of last season trying to prevent a historic relegation. I think that was their focus this time too. Not worrying about whether fretting middle Englanders might consider banning them from the Eurovision.

We could have done with the same focus.
I’ll help you out a bit and say that I am not really calling for these things to happen, I was just being a little bit ironic, but I think that went over your head! Try thinking of the same post with a smilie attached, that may help.

Pointing out (tongue in cheek = another form of irony) some possible contradictions of the approach from fans of all 3 of the Merseyside clubs at the weekend and trying to understand what ‘Scouse not English’ really means does not, I suspect, count as prejudice but I imagine you already know that. If not, please don’t go reading some of the comments on NSC about Man United, Palace (Crystal, not Buckingham), etc I fear they may offend your sensitivities too and flush out some more fretting middle Englanders for you to tick off. Good luck 😉

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here