Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So Tomorrow If Those Scousers Boo the National Anthem........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't remember them booing at all. They very loudly sang their football song at the football match all the way through it. I wish our fans had done that rather than joining in with that bootlicking dirge.
Talking of their song. It had a Wooooo in the middle of it, which the North stand took the mickey out of. It was one bright spark in the whole evening.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Didn't sing, didn't boo. Sat down and ignored the whole thing.
Woman next to me was shouting "Booooo! Not my king." And a bloke in front was calling everyone who booed and/or didn't stand/sing a load of c**ts.
I couldn't give a toss either way.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I think what I object to is the Tax free existence of the Monarchy almost as if they are non-doms! The income from the Duchy of Lancaster and the Duchy of Cornwall brings in about 40m per annum I believe. Why do they need the Civil List as well? They should pay tax on their earnings like the rest of us but that is probably asking too much. Like all rich people they always want more.
So just think. If we got rid of the monarchy and opted for a republic don't you imagine that a rich person would become head of state. Trump only got in because he had the money to run for president, Biden is rich and the next president will be a rich person.
For the Republic of England, N Ireland, Wales and Scotland (not UK as we wouldn't have a kingdom)you might expect Richard Branson for Democrats versus Tony Blair for the Republicans.
Either of those take your fancy ?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
So just think. If we got rid of the monarchy and opted for a republic don't you imagine that a rich person would become head of state. Trump only got in because he had the money to run for president, Biden is rich and the next president will be a rich person.
For the Republic of England, N Ireland, Wales and Scotland (not UK as we wouldn't have a kingdom)you might expect Richard Branson for Democrats versus Tony Blair for the Republicans.
Agree but I don’t want a republic. An honorary head of state would do me as long as they pay tax. They already have 40 mill a year. `How much more do they need? It’s supposedly a ceremonial role so how come they claim to work very hard? We have an elected head of state already why do we need two?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Why would we need to follow the US system? There are plenty of other systems across the world, Germany for example doesnt even elect its president by popular vote, Its president is chosen at a convention by representatives of Germany's 16 federal states. The Irish president on the other hand is elected directly by the people but his role is largely ceremonial.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Agree but I don’t want a republic. An honorary head of state would do me as long as they pay tax. They already have 40 mill a year. `How much more do they need? It’s supposedly a ceremonial role so how come they claim to work very hard? We have an elected head of state already why do we need two?
We don't already have an elected head of state! The prime minister is the head of the Executive and is not directly elected by the people.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Like yourself I only heard the Everton fans singing.

They hate the establishment. I’m ok with that. Scouse not English? Fair enough.

But then why do we use their city to represent the U.K.‘s hosting of Eurovision, or Everton’s new ground as an English venue for the Euro 2028 bid, or why do they even want to compete in the English Premier League or play in our other competitions or even host the British Open golf?

Booing the anthem should just be the start, let’s give them what they want. I can’t wait for the Merseyside League to get going, should be great la ….

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

But then why do we use their city to represent the U.K.‘s hosting of Eurovision, or Everton’s new ground as an English venue for the Euro 2028 bid, or why do they even want to compete in the English Premier League or play in our other competitions or even host the British Open golf?

Booing the anthem should just be the start, let’s give them what they want. I can’t wait for the Merseyside League to get going, should be great la ….
Minor point but I think you’ll find it’s actually Ukraine’s hosting, only they’re a bit preoccupied right now

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Don't be so precious Peter. They just supported their team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here