Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the end of the UK

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hmmmm. The disunited Kingdom of England and Wales.
No financial services industry. No engineering. No manufacturing.
No NHS (Farage already admitting the £350m a week lie was just that)
No significant change in immigration levels (official this morning from the leave camp)
No inward investment.
No way to stop the inevitable brain drain.

And all in the name of "it's not for me it's for my children". - the same children who voted to stay.

Oh dear

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Hmmmm. The disunited Kingdom of England and Wales.
No financial services industry. No engineering. No manufacturing.
No NHS (Farage already admitting the £350m a week lie was just that)
No significant change in immigration levels (official this morning from the leave camp)
No inward investment.
No way to stop the inevitable brain drain.

And all in the name of "it's not for me it's for my children". - the same children who voted to stay.

Oh dear

It'll work out alright, the racists and bigots won. We can build a new DKEW on their expertise and ingenuity.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Absolute rubbish, a majority of Catholics now wish to remain part of the UK.

For now....

The BBC survey last year said that 44% of Northern Ireland citizens questioned identified themselves as British, 28% as Irish and 22% as Northern Irish. It's an interesting figure.

Most Catholics would like to see a united Ireland 'in their lifetime'.

There will have to be a border poll now at some stage in the next few years. I believe that Northern Ireland may take the middle road and become an independent state. But, as I say, it's not pressing for them like the Scots. But, like them, they wanted to stay in Europe by majority.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
For now....

The BBC survey last year said that 44% of Northern Ireland citizens questioned identified themselves as British, 28% as Irish and 22% as Northern Irish. It's an interesting figure.

There will have to be a border poll now at some stage in the next few years. I believe that Northern Ireland may take the middle road and become an independent state. But, as I say, it's not pressing for them like the Scots. But, like them, they wanted to stay in Europe by majority.

What a load of b*******s.You ever been to Ulster?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
For now....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21345997

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I think it is only right that Scotland seeks to have a second referendum for independence. As the UK voted to leave Europe, Scotland should have the opportunity to leave the Union.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think it is only right that Scotland seeks to have a second referendum for independence. As the UK voted to leave Europe, Scotland should have the opportunity to leave the Union.

For once I agree with you. The SNP manifesto said that if there was a material change to their situation they would consider a second referendum. This is a material change.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I heard somewhere, a new country wanting to join the EU would have to join the euro. That would still put a lot off Scots off from voting for independence.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
surprised the jocks and paddys first reaction is for autonomy ....was there not a romantic notion of a re united kingdom..?? nah .. as i said before , humans are mostly ****ed in the head.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Scotland voted to Remain part of the UK and therefore abide by the decisions made by the collective will of the UK population.

Sturgeon can bog off :glare:

The entire Scotish vote was remain for very different reasons than the rest of the UK. If you took them out of the equation the stats based on the rest of the UK would be about 80% leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here