Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, the day is upon us then...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The only reason i would ever boo a player in the stripes is if they were a disgrace to the game and the club. Hammond is neither of those things, he may be a prick, but he is a brighton player now and deserves to be cheered like all of the others.

I can't believe I have a wonderful night out tonight with a car park space, luxury lounge, lovely meal, coffee at half time and coffee and pie afterwards AND I get to watch the best team in England win and go top of the league. Life does not get any better than this.
That's the sort of attitude that is RUINING North Stand Chat.

But ... carry on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I loved him when he was with us before. He made a mistake in the heat of the moment which he regrets. He is now back. I shall be loudly cheering him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right, let's be clear, I'm not advocating anyone boo anyone.

But some folk had burning pitchforks ready when the signing was announced. Have they mellowed over the last 2 weeks?

Won't boo him. He's already made big efforts to build bridges, so I see no problem with him at all... unless he's rubbish :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am still not burning my pitchfork though.

How can you burn your pitchfork anyway ? I mean the wooden handle.....yes, but to actually burn the metal end you would need some sort of smelting machine and I just don't think the stewards would let you anywhere near the ground with one tonight. To be honest DKM I would be on their side over the matter as well........ It could be downright dangerous.

Right, let's be clear, I'm not advocating anyone boo anyone.

But some folk had burning pitchforks ready when the signing was announced. Have they mellowed over the last 2 weeks?

I was very annoyed and underwhelmed when He signed,I was also a bit pissed up,still can't forget him screaming at the south stand that night,I shall not booooo anyone in an Albion shirt and it will take him a while to win me over ,a last minute winner will go a long way towards converting this fickle fan!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I WILL stick to BOOING Dick TIGHT and HIS LAPDOG , why should I CHANGE after 15 years ?

are you referring to your pants?

I'm furious with him, but I will NOT boo whilst he wears the albion shirt.

He enraged me with his actions and then did the same with his rubbish appology where he said he will "prove me wrong" about my opinions. He cannot prove me wrong. He can play like Pele to try and work his way back into my good books but I will cannot be considered wrong for my view that only came about because he kissed the soton badge and told us in no uncertain turns to f off in a match where I had started by applauding him as I always had to that point for his performances in an albion shirt.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The ideal scenario is that Hammond scores when someone absolutely smashes the ball at Hammond's face from about 3 yards away in the 91st minute - so he gets a bloody and broken nose, but deflects the ball into the net for the winner. Instand legend and karma all rolled into one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's going to be a strange feeling. I think I'll clap, because something inside will stop me cheering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here