So, the day is upon us then...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we are shit and lose easily then I'm going to try and re-live the glorious Olympic summer by turning the telly on all day on Saturday and not listening to the Australian national anthem very much.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Most certainly will NOT be booing him.

I've never booed any Albion player and I never will. Even Richard Tiltman just got a "FFS, Tiltman, you are crap" from me.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
He knows THE TRUTH about Dick Tight, and that is why he was forced to leave, and why Dean Wilkins (SEVENTH!!!!!!!!) was sacked and given a gagging order.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and it will be written by the Gods that if he replaces Crofty HE WILL SCORE

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Right, let's be clear, I'm not advocating anyone boo anyone.

But some folk had burning pitchforks ready when the signing was announced. Have they mellowed over the last 2 weeks?

Burning pitchforks !? People were so angry with hammond they took the burning torch and pitchfork and combined it? Wow, that was a restless lynch mob. I wouldn't fancy one of them up my hoop ;-)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I've mellowed a bit, I still don't want him, but if we're all out of midfielders then I guess he'll have to do. I'll not boo him unless he behaves like a dick, shan't get excited about him playing either.

Saved me the trouble of posting the same thoughts :)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
He will not be forgiven until he scores and rips his shirt off to reveal the message 'I'm sorry'

But the Hillsborough stuff over the past couple of days has surely reset the bar when it comes to apologies. Surely we want Hammond to be (as are the Government, SWFC, South Yorks Police, the FA, the Sun, that lying MP, etc) either "profusely sorry" or "profoundly sorry". I'm not sure "I'm sorry" cuts it any more.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm looking forward to seeing how he settles back in the side. If he does well he'll make it difficult for Crofts to get back in the side. This is just the sort of competition for places that this team needs. I accept his recent apology, if he's big enough to give we should be big enough to accept it and move on. I thought he came across well on the Withdean Years dvd and began to warm to him then.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I can't believe I have a wonderful night out tonight with a car park space, luxury lounge, lovely meal, coffee at half time and coffee and pie afterwards AND I get to watch the best team in England win and go top of the league. Life does not get any better than this.

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
I wasn't at withdean when he did whatever he did, can someone enlighten me with what he is apologising for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports