Dunk
LuaLua - come on after 60 minutes.
Barker
Buckley
Bridcutt
Ulloa

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
We will not put out development squad players.
Fully expect a strong XI.

PIG
Lopez - Upson - Greer - Painter
Bridcutt
Crofts - Hammond
Orlandi - Barnes
Ulloa

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Any clues from the DS squad lineup?..... who isn't here that may be in line for a 1st team squad place?

Albion: (4-3-3) Smith (GK); Jones, Rea, Battipiedi, Hunt; Richards, Kasim (Harris 80), Ince; Goodwin (Dickenson 52), Oatway, Agdestein. Suns not used: Walton.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Casper
Dave, Dunk, El Abd, Painter
Hammond
Vicente, Dicker, Forster Caskey, Lua Lua
Barnes
subs
Brez
Upson
Bridcutt
Orlandi
Crofts
Barker
Dickenson

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any clues from the DS squad lineup?..... who isn't here that may be in line for a 1st team squad place?

Albion: (4-3-3) Smith (GK); Jones, Rea, Battipiedi, Hunt; Richards, Kasim (Harris 80), Ince; Goodwin (Dickenson 52), Oatway, Agdestein. Suns not used: Walton.

JFC, Barker, March.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Vicente has to play, otherwise what's the point in him being here?

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
There is absolutely no way we will make 11 changes as some are suggesting. Can you imagine the outcry if we put out a second team and Wolves beat us to stay up? Plus there's rules preventing teams doing that now anyway.

I would imagine it will be near enough full strength with maybe 2 or 3 changes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully Gus will not risk

Kuczazak
Bridge
Upson
Orlandi
David
Bridcutt
Buckley
Ulloa

It will all be about having these players at the top of their fitness next Friday and Monday, and Gus will already have a program worked out with his medical and fitness teams.

This is the massive advantage we have over the team we'll play against.

Interesting that March, JFC and Barker were not in the DS. I expect them to start, with others, alongside Crofts, Dicker, Barnes, ElAbd, Painter and Ankergren.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tricky one without knowing what knocks/injuries the lads are carrying. The match is meaningless for us, so we really want to rest the walking wounded but not get hammered. Perhaps it would be wise to give Dunk and El-Abd some game time. Kuszczak has been in the wars, so Ankergren could step in there. Bridcutt could play if fit as he has a rest last week. I wouldn't risk Buckley or Lualua's hamstrings....something like this:

Ankergren

Lopez~El-Abd~Dunk~Painter

Bridcutt~Hammond

Caskey~Crofts~Orlandi

Barnes​

Subs: Kuszczak, Upson, Vicente, Ulloa, Dicker, Lualua, Buckley

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Gus has said he will play a strong side. There will be a few changes but not many I suspect.

PIG rested so he can fully recover.
Bridcutt on the bench - stretch his legs at some point
Bridge - as Bridcutt
Vicente to start
Buckley on the bench
Spanish Dave at right back
Probably Crofts and Hammond
Ulloa on the bench

So:

Caspar
Dave - Greer - Upson - Painter
Hammond - Crofts
Lua Lua (or maybe Dicker) - Vicente - Orlandi
Barnes

Subs: Ulloa, Bridcutt, Bridge, PIG, Dicker/Lua Lua, Buckley, El Abd

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Crewe put out a team on the last day of the season made up of academy players. Its not our fault wolves don't have enough points to be safe.

That was a strong team from Crewe. They had 7 academy players at Wembley. But yeah, we should play who we want.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not here to play meaningless dead games...?
The benefits of playing him are
a) we can rest first choice players without it looking like we've fielded a weakened side (and upsetting the league), and he can help us keep our form going at the same time
b) he has a chance to earn a place in our playoff team (he hasn't been able to do much else recently, so the game time would help him get up to speed, if there's a chance he can play a part)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There is absolutely no way we will make 11 changes as some are suggesting. Can you imagine the outcry if we put out a second team and Wolves beat us to stay up? Plus there's rules preventing teams doing that now anyway.

I would imagine it will be near enough full strength with maybe 2 or 3 changes.

Not necessarily doubting you but what do the rules say? If a player has a squad number I'd have thought we've every right to play them. The club is doing whatever it can to win promotion that's its priority and if that means it rests players then that's its right I'd have thought. There used to be a rule in Prem but it got scrapped I think

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports