Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... team for Saturday?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i would put out the strongest possable team and keep up the winning run and i wouldnt play any of the development team just having my say sorry if you disagree with me

Apology not accepted.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Absolutely this, to see it as a nothing game and to lose could seriously affect our momentum going into the playoffs

Not if we play a majority development squad team it won't. Why would the first team lose momentum if the reserves lose? They needn't even be at the game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds good but add Vicente instead of March and Lua Lua after 60 mins.

Vicente will be wrapped in cotton wool.

He still needs to score the best goal ever seen at Wembley to send us into the Premier League.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Play Brez for the whole game, wouldn't even want Casper picking up any unnecessary ailments. No Bridge, Bridcutt, TK at all please.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Vicente will be wrapped in cotton wool.

He still needs to score the best ever goal ever seen at Wembley to send us into the Premier League.

WHO?

I would be resting the following on Sat:
PIG, Bridge, Greer, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Hammond, Orlandi, Lopez, Ulloa, Buckley, Lua Lua

That's how irrelevant Vicente has been to our season.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I would be very wary of starting Lua Lua or Buckley because of hamstring issues. No need to risk Bridge or Bridcutt. David and Orlandi could do with a rest, as could Upson and Greer. Maybe keep Hammond in so the younger players don't get bullied on the pitch. Vicente needs some game time actually so maybe give him first 60 or last 45. No need to risk Ulloa, give Barnes another hour or so too.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Pardon my French.

(experimental 4-1-6 formation)

Forster-Caskey
Upson
Calderon
Kuszczak

Ulloa

Painter
Ankergren
Lua-lua
Agdestein
Crofts
El-Abd

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Will it be Vicente's last Albion game at the Amex on Saturday?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Only time I want to see PIG, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Bridge, Upson, and Spanish Dave and Andy is on the lap of honour at the end in suits :)

Pardon my French.

(experimental 4-1-6 formation)

Forster-Caskey
Upson
Calderon
Kuszczak

Upson

Painter
Ankergren
Lua-lua
Agdestein
Crofts
El-Abd

Brilliant. I like the use of two goalies and Upson twice . I forecast a 0-0.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
He will play a strong looking side but I very much doubt they'll be playing at anywhere near 100%. They'll take it easy to avoid injury and cards. A bit like our limp displays in the cup. Anyone with a niggle won't be risked and he'll probably be careful with Buckley and LuaLua due to the stress put on their hamstrings from their sprinting.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He will play a strong looking side but I very much doubt they'll be playing at anywhere near 100%. They'll take it easy to avoid injury and cards. A bit like our limp displays in the cup. Anyone with a niggle won't be risked and he'll probably be careful with Buckley and LuaLua due to the stress put on their hamstrings from their sprinting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team playing in their flip-flops on Saturday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No need to take any risks with selections particularly as the Semi Finals are so close to the final game of the season. Kusczak, Bridge, Upson, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Lopez, Buckley and Ulloa should be nowhere near the subs bench let alone the starting eleven.

Having a fresh team for the first leg would be a major advantage with the team finishing in 5th having to go at full throttle to ensure playoff football, the additional physical and mental expenditure will gives us an edge in the Semi.

A team along the lines of:-
GK Ankregen
RB Sampayo
LB Painter
CB El-Abd
CB Dunk
CM Crofts
CM Dicker
CM Vicente
LM Lua Lua
RM Forster-Caskey
Str Barnes

with Brezovan, Adgestein, Barker, Oatway Jnr, Ince, Martin Perry and Dick Knight on the bench.

Would be good to give some of the fringe players a run out as you never know if they may be called upon during the playoffs. Dicker, Crofts, Vicente, Painter, Ankeregen, El-Abd & Dunk really need some games bearing in mind their limited involvement of late.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
surely its time to give Gus a game? Imagine the noise if he started warming up with 15 mins to go on Saturday. :)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't want any of our key players playing with headcases like Karl Henry playing against us.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Be potential suicide to play Ulloa in this one, along with Bridge, Bridcutt, Koosh and Upson, I dont want to see these 5 at all on Saturday

Yeah I'd go along with resting this lot and giving Vicente 60 minutes to rest Orlandi assuming Lopez has to play RB.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We have to rest PIG. He's been fragile recently and he could prove to be the difference in the play-offs.

Rest PIG, Bridge and Buckley. Ulloa should probably be rested too, along with Briductt. We cannot risk any silly red cards or injuries.

Casper

Lopez/March
Greer
El Abd
Painter

JFC
Orlandi
Dicker
Crofts
Hammond

Barnes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports