Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So... team for Saturday?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The benefits of playing him are
a) we can rest first choice players without it looking like we've fielded a weakened side (and upsetting the league), and he can help us keep our form going at the same time
b) he has a chance to earn a place in our playoff team (he hasn't been able to do much else recently, so the game time would help him get up to speed, if there's a chance he can play a part)

I reckon give him 30 mins or so. The longer he's on pitch the more chance of him getting injured, and he is massively injury probe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I reckon give him 30 mins or so. The longer he's on pitch the more chance of him getting injured, and he is massively injury probe.
So what if he gets injured? As it is he's not part of our first 11, and these are the last few games before his contract finishes. He needs to prove he's capable of being part of playoffs team - and I don't mean prove he can play football, we know he can, but prove he's up for it right now. If he can prove that in 30 minutes, fair enough, but I'd think he needs to prove he can do more. If he doesn't prove he can help us win the playoffs, then he'll never play for us again anyway, so it makes no difference if he's injured or not.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Vicente has to play at least 60 minutes.

I don't expect (or want) to see Koosh, Bridge, Calde, Lopez, Buckley, Ulloa, Bridcutt in the starting eleven and I would think Orlandi might have a rest too.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Calderon is suspended for the Wolves game.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If Lopez plays right back for no reason I'm SCREAMING at Poyet. That would be silly.

We've earnt the right to restat least half of our side and hope we do.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'd let Marcos Painter play in the HOLE behind the striker. The amount of blood pouring from his nose would be enough to put off the Wolves defenders.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
I want to make sure we win and go in to the playoffs full off confidence, obviously it's only against a poor Wolves side so we should still have some rotation

PIG

Spanish Dave
Greer
Upson
Painter

Hammond
Crofts
Orlandi

Buckley
Ulloa
Lualua

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Ankergren
El Ebd
Dunk
Greer
Painter
JFC
Hammond
Vicente
Orlandi
Barnes
LuaLua

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not necessarily doubting you but what do the rules say? If a player has a squad number I'd have thought we've every right to play them. The club is doing whatever it can to win promotion that's its priority and if that means it rests players then that's its right I'd have thought. There used to be a rule in Prem but it got scrapped I think

Does anyone know the rules?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here