Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Palace are rooted to the bottom of the table at Xmas...

CPFC 35

Banned
Jul 20, 2013
We dont want Old Chimp face at the helm. You had Best hope We dont do the Unthinkable and stay up.

I used to get sick to death of all the threads harping on about Glenn Murray at Palace. I frankly do not give a sh*t who Gus ends up managing - move on FFS!!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I used to get sick to death of all the threads harping on about Glenn Murray at Palace. I frankly do not give a sh*t who Gus ends up managing - move on FFS!!!!

Exactly.....He's gone. Rejoice that we now have a manager who is likely to put the Club before himself. A manager who will commit and throw himself body and soul into trying to get BHA promoted rather than angling for a move away every five minutes.
This whole Palace thing is just so boring. For some people on here its the centre of their universe. For others, like me, its an over-hyped, artificial rivalry thats gone beyond its sell-by date. FFS, having a London club as a rival. Have you ever heard anything so ludicrous in all your life.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is exactly the scenario I can see.
Palace under Holloway did very well to beat us and then Watford in the final but IMO was very fortunate to get through given their awful late form. Normally fans are patient with their managers when they gain promotion against all odds but the team was built by Freedman, I can’t see many of them having a great deal of patience if he starts very poorly. If the vultures start circling come October/November and Poyet shows interest then he’ll be there by Christmas, I’m so confident I’ve got a bet with my Palace mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is exactly the scenario I can see.
Palace under Holloway did very well to beat us and then Watford in the final but IMO was very fortunate to get through given their awful late form. Normally fans are patient with their managers when they gain promotion against all odds but the team was built by Freedman, I can’t see many of them having a great deal of patience if he starts very poorly. If the vultures start circling come October/November and Poyet shows interest then he’ll be there by Christmas, I’m so confident I’ve got a bet with my Palace mate.

I wouldn't be too bothered tbh and it would be interesting to see how Poyet would fare introducing his style of play to a team that were down the bottom and low on confidence in a seriously tough league. At least he may be able to spend the sort of money he always craved to enable him to bring in players who would be capable of playing his style effortlessly. I wonder if he'd keep banging on about Chelsea if he had some moderate success there, or whether he's going to be a bit more circumspect in being "honest"from now on, wherever he ends up

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Exactly.....He's gone. Rejoice that we now have a manager who is likely to put the Club before himself. A manager who will commit and throw himself body and soul into trying to get BHA promoted rather than angling for a move away every five minutes.
This whole Palace thing is just so boring. For some people on here its the centre of their universe. For others, like me, its an over-hyped, artificial rivalry thats gone beyond its sell-by date. FFS, having a London club as a rival. Have you ever heard anything so ludicrous in all your life.

Out of interest what do you expect to happen if Oscar does start well with Brighton and a Prem club sacks their manager after fifteen games and starts sniffing around? Happened before...

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I wouldn't be too bothered tbh and it would be interesting to see how Poyet would fare introducing his style of play to a team that were down the bottom and low on confidence in a seriously tough league. At least he may be able to spend the sort of money he always craved to enable him to bring in players who would be capable of playing his style effortlessly. I wonder if he'd keep banging on about Chelsea if he had some moderate success there, or whether he's going to be a bit more circumspect in being "honest"from now on, wherever he ends up

Erm haven't you already spent more on your team than we have on ours?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Out of interest what do you expect to happen if Oscar does start well with Brighton and a Prem club sacks their manager after fifteen games and starts sniffing around? Happened before...

Sadly fans of clubs like Palace and Brighton will always suffer when a player or manager does well... just have to accept our position in footballs food chain I guess.

Having said that I'd be gutted if he quit for a club like, say, Bolton.

(To be fair you lot had the last laugh on Freedman so well done on that!!)

Last edited:

I think that's a bit defeatist. Hull, Cardiff, Stoke, Sunderland and Palace should be in a mini league all of their own.....win that league and you'll be laughing.

:thumbsup:

I think you'll find Palace will be in a mini league of one.:lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Well hopefully Gus would be banging down the door for the vacancy :lolol:

Yes its been a while, but as far as I am aware its still top league in English football no matter what its called, and we lasted longer in the top league of English football than you ever have, correct if I am wrong.,

It needs saying, this version of Crystal palace have never actually played in the top league. The previous 2 have and this one is about to but as yet have never kicked a ball as a top flight club.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
It needs saying, this version of Crystal palace have never actually played in the top league. The previous 2 have and this one is about to but as yet have never kicked a ball as a top flight club.

But does it? On every thread about Palace (of which there is a scary amount).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here