Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Oscar comes in and is given a cheque book

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to give you the name of a 35 year old, just released from Valencia on 10th June, out of contract and looking for a club. David Albelda. Played for years with Vicente. 51 caps for Spain. Defensive midfielder.

A couple of other names for left back - 32 year old Asier Del Horno (without a club), 34 year old Juanfran (Levante).

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I totally agree, why bring in players brought up and trained in the footballing culture of the best international side in the world for comparitive peanuts when we could buy generally over-priced and inferior English ones instead?

Tee hee but yes ...this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to write this down and look at it because it's Friday. Team vs Leeds Utd, opening day, manager Oscar.

1. Kuscszak
2. Bruno
3. Del Horno
4. Upson
5. Carlos Garcia Badias
6. Bridcutt
7. Albelda
8. Spanish Dave
9. Ulloa
10. Vicente
11. Buckley

The only one of those that might cost any transfer fee is Badias - £2mill tops.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He was very good in Green Card but not so hot in Cyrano De Bergerac

:lolol: Surely shome mishtake - you mean the other way round.

A couple of other names for left back - 32 year old Asier Del Horno (without a club), 34 year old Juanfran (Levante).

Del Horno's a good shout. He's not that old and was a decent player - surprised he's not got a club

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Injuries for Del Horno, didn't play in 2012/13 but nowhere does it say he's retired. If he has had a year out but is fit then could be interesting. Hell, he's 6 months younger than Bridge, but hasn't played much for a couple of seasons.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
is he going on blankety blank?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm going to write this down and look at it because it's Friday. Team vs Leeds Utd, opening day, manager Oscar.

1. Kuscszak
2. Bruno
3. Del Horno
4. Upson
5. Carlos Garcia Badias
6. Bridcutt
7. Albelda
8. Spanish Dave
9. Ulloa
10. Vicente
11. Buckley

That would be awesome. Who says Reading will win this league? :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's what I'm scared about - I've built it up in my head now that it will be him.
This thread was a throw away bit of nonsense about more Spanish players coming.

But as it's developed with a little bit of defending the policy, I've spent the day totally convinced we NEED Oscar.

So much so I can't wait for Gus to go.

Had you told me that was going to happen 5 weeks ago, I'd have called you The Mentals King of Mentaland.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

1. Kuscszak
2. Bruno
3. Del Horno
4. Upson
5. Carlos Garcia Badias
6. Bridcutt
7. Albelda
8. Spanish Dave
9. Ulloa
10. Vicente
11. Buckley

-------------------- Kuscszak

Bruno----Carlos Garcia Badias------Upson-----Del Horno

--------------Bridcutt---------Albelda

-----Lopez------------Vicente------------Buckley

------------------------Ulloa

Just wanted to see how that looked on paper.......................yes I like it,..............I like it alot :drool:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm going to give you the name of a 35 year old, just released from Valencia on 10th June, out of contract and looking for a club. David Albelda. Played for years with Vicente. 51 caps for Spain. Defensive midfielder.

If they could be persuaded to come, all 3 of them would be class...

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
That's what the academy is for. Until that's up and running I'm more than happy to buy better players for less money.

I'd argue he was a catalyst for other decent players to arrive. A former world class player that you can learn from. And he entertained when he was fit in the first season, you can't deny that.
I'd have him back to mentor and nurture JFC...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he PLUNDERS the Barcelona B team for some 18 year old skinny-legged floppy-haired grinning GENIUS. Basically I'm after a teenage version of Kaka.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope he PLUNDERS the Barcelona B team for some 18 year old skinny-legged floppy-haired grinning GENIUS. Basically I'm after a teenage version of Kaka.

A lovely thought. However if he plays as you described, then most probably Barcelona 'A' will want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here