Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Oscar comes in and is given a cheque book

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Of the 2 Spanish players still at Maccabi Tel Aviv I would have thought CARLOS GARCIA BADIAS is a perfect fit for us. 29 years old, 200+ La Liga matches mainly for Almeria including a couple of seasons playing alongside Leo Ulloa.

I see that Tel Aviv have just appointed Paolo Sousa as manager but their top scorer has just been sold to Reims. Gonzalo is 30 and sounds like a bit of a journeyman, but this Badias chap sounds perfect.

And his name sounds a bit like badass, which would give us endless material for songs and banners

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Barca's under 21 team are amazing. They play in the equivalent of the Championship and more than hold their own. Anybody coming from there will walk into our team.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why would he be given a cheque book when Gus is being hounded out for asking the same?

But yes, he has no knowledge of the English leagues, unlike Gus, so I would be amazed if he signed local players

Gus is not being 'hounded-out', nor is he being dismissed for 'asking for a cheque book'. His constant moans about lack of budget, despite receiving, by far, the most generous budget in our club's history has, correctly, contributed to his downfall.

Gus had no experience as a manager when he joined us. At least Oscar has managed one club, and successfully. OK, not in England, and Gus had been a player and assistant manager in England before he joined us. But, seriously, Oscar's CV appears far stronger than Gus' upon his arrival at Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here