Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So in a nutshell none of us really have any idea who our next manager is going to be...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I must admit, this time round, I would be pleased to get a manager with some experience of getting a team promoted out of the Championship, rather than an inexperienced one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tw@tkins! It's a M A S S I V E NO from me!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I must admit, this time round, I would be pleased to get a manager with some experience of getting a team promoted out of the Championship, rather than an inexperienced one.
It could be Wurzel :ohmy:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This seems to be the only accurate thread on here. Nobody really knows who's in the running (especially given that Clement seems to have ruled himself out). We don't even know if Clement was a viable option.

You'd assume that Sherwood and Hughton are probably on the shortlist but who knows? Given the vague wording of the statement re British/overseas, coaches/managers, experience/emerging, you'd imagine there are 4/5 candidates.

The one I really hope is on the list is Steve Clarke. I thought he did a really good job at West Brom and was unlucky to be sacked. Seemed to be a victim of his own success in the first season and they've hardly done much better since he left.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I hope so. He's not been talked about for any of the other jobs so hopefully he'd be interested. Can't see any reason why we wouldn't want him. To me, he's the best candidate on the list.

Hadn't thought of Clarke - but if TB is looking for an experienced chap with good contacts - they do not come much better. Not very exciting - but may thrive in the environment when he has time to build.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'd be happy with a left-field appointment tbh

A bit like with GP, coming into a League 1 side, adding a few players in key positions to an established squad and running out deserving champions

Now, whether a manager, tried or not, can come into the club, bring in good enough quality players to enhance it, and mould them into an efficient and effective unit for a proper tilt at promotion, within budget, is the $64 000 question

Heart says it will be a doddle, head says it is a tough tough division to crack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here