Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So in a nutshell none of us really have any idea who our next manager is going to be...

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A large majority of fans will accept whoever it is with open arms, some will accept with reservations, some will have a hissy fit and be violently anti and some will still go on about Honey Badgers, this is the way of things.

A f##king shrimp though?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Got a substantive reply to the article linked? Or just a gut feeling?

(Points are based on the EPL's slightly shorter schedule.)

However, this still means that pretty much one third of a team’s win percentage is purely down to random chance.
Since we know the average win percentage is 45%, an average team can expect to achieve 51 points per season but this could potentially vary anywhere between 34 – 68 points due to luck.

Taking last season’s league table as an example, the average team could have ended up anywhere between 19th and 5th place just because of the random variance of their results.

So that means like that, the league table is based on the performance of the integral teams ? ..... WOW !

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Got a substantive reply to the article linked? Or just a gut feeling?

(Points are based on the EPL's slightly shorter schedule.)

However, this still means that pretty much one third of a team’s win percentage is purely down to random chance.
Since we know the average win percentage is 45%, an average team can expect to achieve 51 points per season but this could potentially vary anywhere between 34 – 68 points due to luck.

Taking last season’s league table as an example, the average team could have ended up anywhere between 19th and 5th place just because of the random variance of their results.

Moneyball stats, not related to football c0ck-ups; therefore unreliable. :flameboun

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So in a nutshell ? So is this some fiendish clue...... It's not Alan Brazil is it ?

Damm you fat old seagull there is no pulling the WOOL over your eyes........ (He SHEEPISHLY replies....)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The great thing about the fact that no one has the faintest idea who the next manager is going to be, is that who the next manager is won't make very much difference.

Most of the difference between say, 16th and 5th in the table, is due to luck. Blind, random chance.

It's entertaining, but is it important? Probably not?

Inaccurate article.
If the first 20 games are not predictive then why has just 1 (or is it 2) clubs that are bottom at Xmas has eventually stayed up out of last 20ish?

The manager will come from the top 3 in the betting, as last time with OG...money talks

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I have a feeling we'll go for the tried and tested option. So probably Chris Hughton.

As long as he brings Joe Van Toewinkle with him all will be well with the world.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think it's very interesting that as of today there has been absolutely no comment from Nathan Jones.......

This worries me immensely. Just not sure I could back him. Of course I would still go to support the Albion but just left cold by him.

Think whoever comes in will be a leftfield choice that none of us were expecting whether it be an unknown foreign coach a la oscar or someone hideous, ambition wise, like Mowbray...

RowXintheNorth

Aug 12, 2011
Bishopstone
Not a clue either. I'd like something to look forward to. There's 15 days until the fixtures are released on 18th June. For me that's when the anticipation for the forthcoming term really starts to build. It would seem most odd to know where we were going without knowing who would be leading us there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fear it's not Clement.

So pick anyone from a very long and completely uninspiring list, from which I'd rather have Calde than anybody else.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im still hoping for Sherwood if its not Clement.

Lots to prove and a strong will to do that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
still think it will be sherwood?

Im still hoping for Sherwood if its not Clement.

Lots to prove and a strong will to do that.

I would love Sherwood to come to the Albion, but would the board like him, mouthy, wears his heart on his sleeve, waves his arm about a lot.
we have had one like that and look what happened there.
I have this feeling and hope I am wrong ....................its going to be someone quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here