Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So called Brighton fans who sang about Istanbul!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I was one of them.

I also started the chant 2-0.

So what?

And don't give me this bollocks about "so-called" brighton fans. I bleed blue and white. It's offensive. It's only f***ing Leeds. They deserve it.

Buzzer

Thanks for leting us know you were in on the chant.

Can you share with us why you thought it was appropriate to sing it at the time?
ps did you sing it in any pubs you visited before or after the game?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzzer

Thanks for leting us know you were in on the chant.

Can you share with us why you thought it was appropriate to sing it at the time?
ps did you sing it in any pubs you visited before or after the game?

Cause it's banter and no, obviously. Had a wicked time in 'spoons with milfs aplenty and Leeds fans really friendly for the England game.

f*** sake. Get over yourselves. We chant and hiss at them and they do likewise. I believe it's what happens at football. Don't like it...well didn't see too many people coming up to the 1000 albion fans singing it to ask them to stop it.

And yes...I was asked to refrain from saying a certain C word so people were prepared to say if chants offended them.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Cause it's banter and no, obviously. Had a wicked time in 'spoons with milfs aplenty and Leeds fans really friendly for the England game.

f*** sake. Get over yourselves. We chant and hiss at them and they do likewise. I believe it's what happens at football. Don't like it...well didn't see too many people coming up to the 1000 albion fans singing it to ask them to stop it.

And yes...I was asked to refrain from saying a certain C word so people were prepared to say if chants offended them.

Buzzer

Sorry to labour the point but did you sing about "Istanbul" in the pubs you visited before or after the game?

If not,why not? Seeing as you say it was only banter.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I already said no.

And because a) it was not appropriate then and b) I would have got my head kicked in. You know this though. What's with the fishing expedition?

I call Gills and Palace fans pikeys and they call us the usual stuff back. It's what happens at football.

When you go to football do you flick V signs at the opposition. I bet you do. But back in the pub would you do the same? No. I bet you don't. Please cease this faux outrage scollobs.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I already said no.

And because a) it was not appropriate then and b) I would have got my head kicked in. You know this though. What's with the fishing expedition?

I call Gills and Palace fans pikeys and they call us the usual stuff back. It's what happens at football.

When you go to football do you flick V signs at the opposition. I bet you do. But back in the pub would you do the same? No. I bet you don't. Please cease this faux outrage scollobs.

Buzzer

Thanks for being straight with me.

To tell you the truth I have never resorted to all the b@ll@cks of chanting insults at the opposition fans.

I personally think it makes the persons chanting it (like you were today) to be a complete tw@t.

If I have got something to say to an opposing fan I say it to there face.
Not from 50 yards away.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Buzzer

To tell you the truth I have never resorted to all the b@ll@cks of chanting insults at the opposition fans.

I personally think it makes the persons chanting it (like you were today) to be a complete tw@t.

Not from 50 yards away.

christ you must be WELL fun at a football match then! footy banter is part & parcel of the game and has been for decades so if you dont like it then I wonder why you dont go to Tennis games instead!?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
christ you must be WELL fun at a football match then! footy banter is part & parcel of the game and has been for decades so if you dont like it then I wonder why you dont go to Tennis games instead!?

Marc

if you dont like it then I wonder why you dont go to Tennis games instead!

Would do, but I wear a neck collar.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Buzzer

Not from 50 yards away.

Like I give a f*** what you think you hypocrite. Like you've never said things at the Albion to away fans that you would NEVER say to their faces.

Must get awful dizzy up there from your moral high ground. Best avoid football all together as I believe that chanting bollocks at the opposition is pretty much the norm wherever footie is played.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
bed time guys, you can all pick this one up again in the morning, but with the clock approaching 3am I suggest this crud can wait until then, so let's see some logging off, shutting down and switching off at the wall (energy saving and all that)

:falmerspi

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bed time guys, you can all pick this one up again in the morning, but with the clock approaching 3am I suggest this crud can wait until then, so let's see some logging off, shutting down and switching off at the wall (energy saving and all that)

:falmerspi

bollocks to that its LIVE V8 car racing from OZ for me, about time I made an early BREAKFAST aswell....mmmmmm late night snacks ROCK!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Like I give a f*** what you think you hypocrite. Like you've never said things at the Albion to away fans that you would NEVER say to their faces.

Must get awful dizzy up there from your moral high ground. Best avoid football all together as I believe that chanting bollocks at the opposition is pretty much the norm wherever footie is played.

Buzzer

My last post tonight.

Yes I might be a hypocrite and yes it is dizzy up here on the moral high ground.

But at the end of the day I think you and fellow Albion fans were wrong to sing about "Istanbul"

Good night

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Yes the chants may have been very tactless but why is Istanbul so much more offensive than chanting about peoples sexuality, colour, wealth etc?
Why? because someone died? Hasn't anyone ever been killed over their sexuality before?
I'm much against football chants that cross the line but why is an offensive chant associated with football so much more insulting than ones which target what people are and believe in?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Okay - yes, it was crass, stupid, thoughtless all those things. People do get carried away in the heat of the moment. Stuff is said. It appeared that almost the entire stand sang it yesterday so I was far from alone.

But....we regularly advocate shooting people "My old man....", burning people "Build a bonfire...." and this chant yesterday was at Leeds where they sing about Munich (I certainly heard that sung in a pub).

Perhaps I'm trying to justify the unjustifiable. I was a little pished and those stewards really annoyed me. If anyone was offended then I'm sorry.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Me and Stand Up Morris looked at each other and said this one isn't for us... Not my kind of thing that but I can see how some people would have got caught up in the 'heat of the moment' and I'd hazard a guess that one or two of those singing didn't actually even know what it meant.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its plain wrong isn't it but fair play to Buzzer for having the bollocks to put his hand up even though I think he was well out of order. Draw a line under it and move on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I seem to remember alot of Brighton fans singing "we can see you making bombs" at Luton and having abit of a laugh. Some people just take things way too seriously.

So making up songs about the murder of opposing fans is ok then? ???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Buzzer

Not from 50 yards away.

I'm not condoning what was said either for or against but that has to be the most pompous thing I have ever seen on here.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if any of you wre offended,then why didnt you go up to the culprits and say so!!,christ its morally wrong but it happens,get over it and move on,this board is getting worse,but i love it:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here