Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So are Reading really a better project ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I will leave it thanks

you obviously did not read the post
your whole demeanor shouts Anti Gus and please forgive me for thinking your Source and yourself have an agenda to someway, anyway blacken him, I like Gus it has to be said, but until the truth (that which you and your source seem to know (and a few others that are in the know )) I will keep my powder dry and until we know the truth if we ever will I just wish you and your source would just shut the **** up

I am and always will be Albion till I die
that is Albion not Gus, not Oscar, not Tony, not fecking anyone but I do not like total unfairness which is what yourself and a few others on here have shown
please stop it
at least until this whole sorry mess is over with

Well said. You won't convince him, in fact I'm pretty sure you'll get another reply with yet another veiled dig at Gus, but at least know that most are with you on this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly what I was saying right at the start of the bloody fiasco and the only ones who have come out of this badly IMHO are the club
quiet word we have decided to part company if necessary pay him off (this surely would have been cheaper than barristers) in comes Oscar

everyone is happy
instead now we have factions fighting for one or the other side
whole thing is pathetic

Don't you think it depends on what Gus has done? Also, Gus rep is suffering, and will be in the toilet if he goes to court.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What, answer questions on his entire future to a Sky Sports journalist who is doing little more than fishing? Come on, you come across as brighter than that.

Gus chose to be there. He was happy to say he was PROBABLY going to court in that forum. Wake up!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If the club are in the right and Poyet is guilty of however many charges of gross mis-conduct then they have behaved entirely correctly. You seem determined to believe he wasn't and they haven't. Whilst I don't know either way - I'll stick with TB and the board until proved otherwise. That's because I'm a Brighton fan.

Sense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well said. You won't convince him, in fact I'm pretty sure you'll get another reply with yet another veiled dig at Gus, but at least know that most are with you on this.

Don't you think it depends on what Gus has done? Also, Gus rep is suffering, and will be in the toilet if he goes to court.

and there it is
please stop it
or tell us what you know

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't let them wear you down BW. It's almost like you aren't allowed an opinion. Everyone has one on what they think might have happened I'm sure, some just choose not to divulge it whilst dissing those that they DON'T agree with.

Quite a few who are questioning the club had close links with the old regime but not this one...

Thank you Icy.

That last point really worries me.

Where is the foundation for criticising Tony. What is the agenda?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I shared what I was told. Take it or leave it. Time to move on from Gus and his spurned girlfriends on here. These are the real 'sensitive souls' who really need to move on and get behind Oscar, Tony and the club.

Without any objectivity. And lapped it up as gospel, without checking with anyone else, or querying any agendas.

Serves you right, you poor sensitive soul.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thank you Symyjym. For what it's worth I'm not 'foaming at the mouth with my hatred of Gus.' Rather, I recognise his managerial achievements AND his shortcomings with the media. As I said before, Gus' media failings are NOT the reason for him being sacked for gross misconduct, but I lost a lot of respect for him after his escalating series of poorly-worded public pronouncements.

Yep I just couldn't see anything in your posts that were anti Poyet or even disrespectful to him.

I gave Poyet as much support as I could, and he did a great job for us, however when a manager says on one hand that a contract doesn't mean anything and with the other hand ends up fighting tooth and nail for it, it just sends out a message of contradiction. Whatever the gross misconduct charges are it was publicly clear in the end that Poyet had lost the plot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
and there it is
please stop it
or tell us what you know

Sadly, although it would be great for the purposes of this thread, we have to accept that while BW could probably get away with chatting about all this in the pub, he ( or anyone else ) is simply unable to divulge details of a potential court case on the internet. Indeed it is even against the law to do so by PM.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and yours is not ill-informed Waffle then, we don't know your source and it could be he/she is also waffling

I doubt it. Possible, but extremely unlikely.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sadly, although it would be great for the purposes of this thread, we have to accept that while BW could probably get away with chatting about all this in the pub, he ( or anyone else ) is simply unable to divulge details of a potential court case on the internet. Indeed it is even against the law to do so by PM.

Maybe, but he has betrayed a confidence that someone high up in the club is stating chapter-and-verse to him. Or rather, his/her version of it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

then don't keep on about it

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I doubt it. Possible, but extremely unlikely.

OK,OK I give up Gus is a Gobby unappreciative, whatever you want to think about him
there you now will you shut the feck up

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:tantrum::facepalm:

For the last time, I couldn't give two hoots about Poyet or what happens to him now. I don't know him, never have, never will. You on the other hand have an agenda based on 2nd hand opinion.

And yes, your source (if one exists) has shut up for legal reasons because he is probably afraid you are going to land him/her in the sh1t for blabbing off.

You no nothing about me or my source. Please stop making assumptions. Thank you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep I just couldn't see anything in your posts that were anti Poyet or even disrespectful to him.

I gave Poyet as much support as I could, and he did a great job for us, however when a manager says on one hand that a contract doesn't mean anything and with the other hand ends up fighting tooth and nail for it, it just sends out a message of contradiction. Whatever the gross misconduct charges are it was publicly clear in the end that Poyet had lost the plot.

But amazingly you could attribute statements in this thread to people who hadn't made them, then arrogantly pre-judge that's how they felt so they would have made them anyway...?

:facepalm:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can only assume you talking about his supposed "touting" for other higher, better jobs Chelsea,ect ect
so what are your deliberations on Oscar having aspirations to manage Barcelona one day

Your assumption is wrong. See my earlier posts. Oscar's handling of the media very good so far IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you admit you have an irrational hatred of Gus then? Otherwise, how on earth would you know I was talking about you?

NO. Just that you have got me so wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here