Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow to continue into the next few weeks?

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Anybody know if the snow is expected to continue into the next few weeks?
Could Walsall and Villa be affected?

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
On GMTV they said that cold weather was here for the next 6 to 15 days and possibly after that. Not all that helpful really. Didn't specifically mention snow.

We need Papa Lazarou's wisdom for this.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
On GMTV they said that cold weather was here for the next 6 to 15 days and possibly after that. Not all that helpful really. Didn't specifically mention snow.

We need Papa Lazarou's wisdom for this.
Well that doesn't sound promising for Walsall :( Train tickets and match tickets already booked up for me and four others. Even Villa could be a doubt going by that information.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
I am no good at geography but wasn't global warming meant to be heating up the planet? I don't see any evidence of that.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
ment to make summer hotter and winter colder i think:shrug:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well that doesn't sound promising for Walsall :( Train tickets and match tickets already booked up for me and four others. Even Villa could be a doubt going by that information.

Walsall wont be on, predicted to continue with the cold weather for at least another 10 days or so. They were calling games off before this "big freeze" started simply due to a bit of frost, so several inches of snow and temperatures not reaching more than 0 degrees doesnt make it look too promising. Plus i believe half the pitch is covered from sunlight even if it does heat up. I too have train tickets booked up already:down:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am no good at geography but wasn't global warming meant to be heating up the planet? I don't see any evidence of that.

Oh for fucks sake, not this again. What on earth makes you think that one cold month in Britain disproved the fact that the whole planet isn't warming over a period of hundreds of years? It's more telling that we haven't had weather like this for 20 years when it used to be a regular occurence!

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Walsall wont be on, predicted to continue with the cold weather for at least another 10 days or so. They were calling games off before this "big freeze" started simply due to a bit of frost, so several inches of snow and temperatures not reaching more than 0 degrees doesnt make it look too promising. Plus i believe half the pitch is covered from sunlight even if it does heat up. I too have train tickets booked up already:down:

Walsall is one of only five grounds I haven't been to in this league. Not sure I'll be able to make the trip on the re-ararnged Tuesday now :angry:

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Oh for fucks sake, not this again. What on earth makes you think that one cold month in Britain disproved the fact that the whole planet isn't warming over a period of hundreds of years? It's more telling that we haven't had weather like this for 20 years when it used to be a regular occurence!

Calm down mum! If you read my post you would have seen I said I know nothing about Geography. And that proves it! :laugh:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
The big fear is that the Gulf Stream could stop warming NW Europe's winters.

It's happening in the summer as well. The atlantic currents and swell have moved slightly north of the UK now, which is why the surf-scene on the south coast (especially in Devon and Dorset) has died in the last few years.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Global warming is a myth - the scientific models proposed to show the temperature rises for the next few decades have already failed to be accurate. The science is all based on guesswork and hypothesis and not fact, the same way that scientists once believed that the Earth was flat, this was accepted as the norm until disproved.

It does however make it easier for companies and Governments to get people to pay more for goods and services, pay more and save the planet. Maybe its being used as a cover to try to get people to use less because resources are running out (coal, gas, oil etc.) and its a good way of getting people to use less rather than cause a panic by revealing the truth. Its also a good way to get people to happily pay more in taxes if its seen to be in the planets interest, rather than just Government(s) looking for extra revenue to spend.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Don't panic. When I was a lad it was always like this.That was even before we had an ozone layer or fridges or anything. :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of curiosity where is the nearest country that Premiership teams could go to play some closed doors friendlies and keep match fit as apparently even Florida is suffering. What about Cyprus and Southern Turkey or The Algarve, which are normally warm and sunny at this time of year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here