Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm surprised to hear that to be honest, and sad to see too, especially as he is still involved with Sussex football, putting money into, and doing some coaching at Hastings l believe.

It was right in front of block G in the North stand.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Steve Cook rubbed his genitalia, and signalled 3 fingers and a zero with his other hand behind his back to the north stand, followed by pointing downwards; ie going down, last season in the game they went on to win 5-0. He forgot all the training he had from Brighton before being sold to Bournemouth as he wasn't getting first team action. He came through the youth with Tommy Elphick.
Ungrateful wretch.

I recall that incident; Steve Cook hasn't much emotional intelligence or maybe very much intelligence in general.....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Steve Cook rubbed his genitalia, and signalled 3 fingers and a zero with his other hand behind his back to the north stand, followed by pointing downwards; ie going down, last season in the game they went on to win 5-0. He forgot all the training he had from Brighton before being sold to Bournemouth as he wasn't getting first team action. He came through the youth with Tommy Elphick.
Ungrateful wretch.

To make up for it just watch Aaron Mooy’s goal and you will see Steve Cooks look of despair in the background.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Blue eyed boy' is not necessarily about the colour of his eyes, but a comment on favouritism, especially by the media.

OK.

But that's not his fault....???

Happy New Year, by the way :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love it. An Albion fan winding up Championship bound t*ats.

B6B8D2C5-7531-4DBF-ACA3-91B4EFC61B9E.png

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Eddie’s smugness will surpass 1997 Blair level if they get out of this

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Regardless of whether Bmuff go down, least they’re making a fight of it. Good on em I say. Hope we’ll do likewise.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
They are indeed making a fight of it. What they showed tonight makes me think that they could well win their next two games. That would cause more than just us to start getting the worry beads out!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If B'muff go down it will be interesting to see if they gamble their financial future by hanging on to the likes of Ake, King or Brooks.
If they can keep the squad together they will likely be favourites for promotion.
But if they are forced to sell it could soon become difficult to bounce back.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
If B'muff go down it will be interesting to see if they gamble their financial future by hanging on to the likes of Ake, King or Brooks.
If they can keep the squad together they will likely be favourites for promotion.
But if they are forced to sell it could soon become difficult to bounce back.

I doubt if they could afford that with around £70 mill in outstanding transfer payments. Ake and King will go for sure and even if they stay up, Smugsy has to be thinking that if he's ever going to leave for a bigger club then time is running out to impress potential employers.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They are indeed making a fight of it. What they showed tonight makes me think that they could well win their next two games. That would cause more than just us to start getting the worry beads out!

Weirdly Bournemouth's chances would look much better if their fixture venues were reversed. Everton are 9th in the home table, 16th in the away. Southampton are 5th in the away table, 19th in the home. Back in September Bournemouth did beat both of them in successive 3-1 wins, but that was away to poor at home Southampton and home to poor travelers Everton. This time they have the statistically harder fixtures for both of these teams. Southampton's post-lockdown good form could be something to do with them playing four of their six games away. Although beating Man City in one of their two home games is obviously a great result, they lost the other one to Arsenal and have lost ten of their seventeen home games this season. Lets hope they also lose their next home game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here