Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Howe's done a phenomenal job.

Don't forget Bournemouth have by far the worst facilities in the league.

They've just been punching way above their weight every season they've been in the Premier League.

Howe will go on to bigger and better things. They'd be mad to sack him as a knee jerk. The best they can hope for is for him to stick with them when they go down.

Yeah Cherries a league 1 outfit basically- punching well above their weight

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I’d be delighted to have Brooks from them if they do go down.

Yours for £50 million

Our problem was we tried to build a team around him before it all went to rats. He had an op that went wrong , so a second op and whatever. C Wilson not perfoming, Fraser refusing to sign a contract and not being arsed loads of Injuries and here we are - shit happens

You're consolidating well - fair play.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bournemouth have been able to arrest alarming slumps with impressive runs of results year after year.

This time feels a bit different to me. They need to get out of this tailspin, but i'm not sure they will.

Watford, Norwich and us, the next 3 league teams they've got. Massive games for them

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
How’ve the 3 from Liverpool fared, good signings?

Ibe £15m
Solanke £19m
H.Wilson loan

Ibe and Solanke have been a f_cking disaster. H wilson so so....you forget Liverpool also had us on a left back called Brad Smith.

The Scouse have been robbing Bournemouth since the 70's (thanks to a large resident population)..nothing changes it seems

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ibe and Solanke have been a f_cking disaster. H wilson so so....you forget Liverpool also had us on a left back called Brad Smith.

The Scouse have been robbing Bournemouth since the 70's (thanks to a large resident population)..nothing changes it seems

Benteka and Sakho at £60m takes the biscuit of all biscuits.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah Cherries a league 1 outfit basically- punching well above their weight

This isn't 1981. They've developed the ground, their fanbase and have a large catchment area. They have some decent players, a good manager. At worst they get relegated and wil be serious promotion contenders. The biggest mistake they could make would be to do what Huddersfield did when they sacked Wagner.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This isn't 1981. They've developed the ground, their fanbase and have a large catchment area. They have some decent players, a good manager. At worst they get relegated and wil be serious promotion contenders. The biggest mistake they could make would be to do what Huddersfield did when they sacked Wagner.
They didn’t sack Wagner

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yours for £50 million

Our problem was we tried to build a team around him before it all went to rats. He had an op that went wrong , so a second op and whatever. C Wilson not perfoming, Fraser refusing to sign a contract and not being arsed loads of Injuries and here we are - shit happens

You're consolidating well - fair play.
Nice to have a balanced and informed post (posts actually now I've scrolled down) from a rival fan.

Makes a change from the idiotic horseshit that we generally have to endure from the Palace GOONS.

Chapeau sir.

I still can't stand Smug Eddie, but he's not looking so smug recently.

Chapeau sir.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Makes me laugh how Brighton fans always/often use the prefix 'smug' to describe Eddie Howell! Not sure if we are alone in this, but he does seem to bring out a negative reaction in us all.

Bournemouth and Newcastle are both on slippery slopes, long may it continue. But I can't see Bournemouth pulling the plug on the Smug one just yet. He deserves a statue for what he has done for his club the last 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here